Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Buying from dell.com?

I just purchased a laptop from dell with the "dell prefered payment" thing that lets me make monthyly payments. It is in review.. ive been approved and my order has been made. Now what? Will I have to have my payment made or what before it ships.. just wondering if anyone on here has done the same thing? Thanks.

Favorite Answer

No worries, you can keep going to that link on the Dell website that came on your confirmation email. It gives you a tracking number so that you can keep track of where your system is at any moment.

If it's still in production, it will tell you that, then when it's shipped you will be able to track the truck that's coming to you. The email that you get in a bit will outline the payments of your purchase, what the amount will be per month and when the first payment will come out. Portable systems usually take 2 weeks to get to you from the order date.

My son just bought an XPS 1710 a bit ago and we tracked it online the whole way through. Same with my Latitude, and Inspiron and my MP3 player and the new memory... and and and... Dell's great! And anyone who talks about the "stories they've heard" should try things for themselves before casting an opinion.

Bet you can't wait! Have fun with it.

• I have not used their service.

this is more from experience.

People make mistakes, however the normal process is that they send you payment info to CitiBank. after that Dell is not in the loop for payments.

Dell should not send you payment info before they ship, but if some one had a bad day or started before they had a cup of coffee you could have you payments info sent to the bank early.

it takes a couple of days for the bank to set up your payment info.

so if there is a snag in the shipping of you computer their may be a chance you get a frst payment before you get the computer.

Dell is a reputable company, meaning they will send you your product.

you may have to communicate with them some before it arrives.

Finally you should have received, either on the internet, or in the mail the conditions of you payments. It should also specify when payments are due.

Again there is a possibility due to human error that you have to pay before you get the computer.

Don't worry your 1st payment will be after you get the Laptop.

the 1St bill comes EXACTLY 1 33 days later I bought an MP3 player this way

there are a lot of bad stories about dell.com.one of them being that they send defective goods and that their after sales service is very poor or in your case it will be after delivery service! sorry that i can't answer your question and dont mean to worry you but if i was you i would cancel if you can.