Why didnt anyone else own a boat when Noah built the Ark?

Surely when the so-called flood came how come only Noah and his family survived with their boat, didnt anyone else have a boat or canoe, or even a raft, couldnt someone have even clung onto a log for a week? I mean c'mon.. people have lived that long in the ocean when they have fallen off a ship, the bible really has a lot of fairytales in it hey? It just doesnt make sense.

Best Answer

I thought it rained for 40 days and 40 nights? Kinda long to cling to a log...

Is that right or am I thinking of something else?

Hey! Why all the thumbs down? Seriously, I couldn't remember if that was the same story... sheesh! Sorry I asked :(

Other people did not own a boat because there was no use for one before this time. First of all, the people of that time did not live all over the earth as we do today. The earth as they knew it, did not cover nearly as much territory as we know of today. Noah and his family were the only ones to survive because they were the only ones who used enough common sense to listen to what God tried to tell them. If any of them would of listened to God, I'm sure that God would of given them just as much of a chance as He gave Noah to survive. The other people had 120 years to listen to what God was trying to tell them. But none would listen. Noah tried to warn them time and time again, but they were so stiffnecked and hard-harded, that they would listen to nothing that he tried to tell them. I would like for you to tell me of a single person who has ever survived in the ocean for as long as Noah and his family were in the ark; which was for several months; not a week; until all of the water went down low enough to where they could come out of the ark. You can call the Word of God a fairy tale if you want to, but I promise you that you will not be calling it a fairy tale when you stand before God on the day of judgment. May God have mercy on your soul. I suggest that you turn to Jesus Christ and ask for forgiveness, while you still have a chance. Your life could end before you get through reading this answer, if God so desires.

I'm sure there were other people with boats somewhere in the world. But (if you believe it) not only did it rain for 40 days/nights, but the water covered the land for a year.

Genesis 8:4-5

"and on the seventeenth day of the seventh month the ark came to rest on the mountains of Ararat. 5 The waters continued to recede until the tenth month, and on the first day of the tenth month the tops of the mountains became visible.

It took two more months for the earth to dry completely.

There had been no rain before the Flood. The earth had a liquid protective cover around it in the atmosphere that came down upon the earth causing the ocean to exist and flooding the world. As for boats, they were vegetarians before the flood, the only reason they started eating meat was because the vegetation was destroyed by the flood. Since they didn't eat meat, they really didn't need boats for the small little lakes and rivers they had because they didn't eat fish. Even if we suppose they did have a few boats, none of them would have been large enough to sustain that sort of downpour.

noah's ark held 10 billion species X 2...

the titanic could barely hold a couple thousand people.

It was a desert I believe. They ridiculed him. Pays off to listen when God is talking to you. Building that boat also took over 120 years.

• becky

it was 40 day and nights, not a week. And even if you did have a boat, would it hold enough food and water (yes water, think of all the dead stuff in the floodwaters, eww) for 40 days and nights for your family?

God wanted Noah and his family to survive, not the other people- so only Noah and his family and the animals survived. Read about it sometime.

Outside of Noah there wasn't to much of a demand for ship builders in the desert.

You don't need a boat in the desert. A camel will do just fine. Caution: they don't float too well.

God told Noah what was coming and Noah told the

other,s but they would not believe him,such as it is today

but God sent the flood and people died because of

unbelief.