CVS Brand Early Pregnancy Test vs First Response?

My wife took *2* CVS Brand Early Pregnancy Tests and we had a thin faint blue line on the left hand side in both tests. This line took up about 1/10 of the width of a true positive result. There was nothing to the right of the thin line.

We thought "hey, we might be pregnant!" Just to be sure, we bought the more expensive First Response test. We have now done this test twice and gotten nothing. No faint line at all.

I suspect the CVS brand is cheaply made and the line we see is not accurate. But I do not know.

Opinions? Answers? THANKS!

Favorite Answer

Well, I've never used the CVS brand but I got my positive on the First Response as early as 9 DPO that's not very much time at all if you know anything about ttc. What you could be seeing on the CVS test is the color (ink) of the test going across the window and settling as it goes across. Is it where a positive would normally be in the window or off to the side in a place it shouldn't be? If it's not where it's suppose to be, then I'm afraid I wouldn't trust that result. I'd believe in the First Response. It's never lied to me through all my testing and I'm pregnant w/#5

Cvs First Response Pregnancy Test

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

We thought "hey, we might be pregnant!" Just to...

Source(s): cvs brand early pregnancy test response: https://shortly.im/Vn6Wj
  • Malia

I always thought First Response was the best brand but I was abt. 6 days or so late when I decided to test. I told the pharmacist this and asked his opinion on which test I should use and he said the CVS brand would work; actually any test would work. It lit up right away for me. Sometimes pregnancy tests can have faint lines. I would wait a few days and restest with First Response. I know they aren't cheap but that's what I would do. And if and when she is, keep the stick! It may sound gross but it was part of my gift to my husband. He was shocked beyond belief!

Source(s): 19 wks prg

I used the CVS brand pregnancy test and it worked just find, I took it three times to believe it.

Source(s): Prego w/ #2

I do not know about the cvs brands but a false negative is very common while a false positive is rare due to the chemical it detects. If you are early in your pregnancy you may not have enough chemical to detect thus a negative result but the chemical is not in your body unless you are pregnant so chances are you are pregnant. Hope this makes sense.

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/JA93j

Congratulations you are pregnant. False positives are rare and every pregnancy test has a different sensitivity level even the same brand or two in one box so one line can appear darker than another one taken at the same time. Time to make a dr.'s appt.. Good Luck!

A pregnancy test is a pregnancy test..i get a cheaper welgreen brand and a ept test both were positive..my friend get one from the dollar store and it worked get fine..sometimes its wrong its not 100% right

well i used the cvs brand early test and it showed positive and i was!!! my daughter is now 8 months old

I used the generic brand from piggly wiggly and all three of my tests came up positive. Just to be sure I went to the doctor and I was. I don't think the brand really matters.