Kevin M asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

Looks like the Pittsburgh Pirates will be trading Jason Bay. Anybody out there give a darn?

Favorite Answer

Jason Bay has been a very good player for the Bucs but has been consistantly awful in pressure situations. As much as we value Jason Bay as fans in Pittsburgh, he is only a 6 hole batter on most teams. The organization has many holes to fill in the majors as well as the farm system. If losing an above average outfielder with a below average range and arm brings any depth to the team than I will happily endorse it. The fans in Pittsburgh deserve to see meaningful games at the "Best Stadium" in baseball today.

I like Bay, but do not give a darn, because I do not see him as doing well in a big marjet like NY, Boston, LA, ect.. He needs to play for teams like the Royals, Padres, Pirates, or Marlins

I'm sure a lot of die hard Pirates fans do. Jason Bay is the Pirates main gate attraction.

There have been rumors of him going to various teams, including the Yankees, Cleveland, Chicago (Sox), and others.

They are going to milk all they can to get him. Expect some pretty cool trade-bait talks coming out of Pittsburgh soon!

They need to send him home to Canada, so he can play for my Jays! I know that won't happen, but an outfield of Bay-Wells-Rios would be sweet.

I do care about it, though, because he's an excellent player who could really improve a team. It's disappointing, though, to see another case of a small-market team having to move a player before he becomes too expensive.

Bay is a young guy with a lot of talent and many teams will have an interest in him should he become available.

I do if they trade him to a team that I like, he is a stud in a bad situation...too bad they can not keep the good talent when they have it!

The Pirates still have a team? I though they relocated to Mexico and changed their name to avoid association.

give him to Yanks for little in return... but thats the old yankees, this aint your daddys yankees anymore...

(not a yanks fan)

yeah, whoever ends up gettinhim.. hes a great player.