If my X-wife and I share custody of our 2 kids 50/50, Is if fair I should I have to pay child support?

If my X-spouse and I share custody of our 2 kids 50/50, Is if fair that the the my state require the non-ustodal parent to pay 1 week of pay or any child support to the other parent?
Update: Just to add, I live in texas, and they take a straight 20% for one child, 25% for two and so on reguardless of how custody is split. Both of us make over 50k, the kids are not going without. How can anyone see this as far and equal treatment? I understand that it's about the kids but my kids are happy and one... show more Just to add, I live in texas, and they take a straight 20% for one child, 25% for two and so on reguardless of how custody is split. Both of us make over 50k, the kids are not going without. How can anyone see this as far and equal treatment? I understand that it's about the kids but my kids are happy and one parent is taking advantage of the other.