Buying a crock pot/slow cooker for the first time, looking for tips/features that I should look for? Recipes?

OK, so I'm buying a crock pot for the first time and I'm wondering what features/brands etc. I should look for. Do I need a timer etc.? Should I get one that will automatically keep something warm when it's finished cooking? I just got a new job and I'll be out all day so I'd like to have... show more OK, so I'm buying a crock pot for the first time and I'm wondering what features/brands etc. I should look for. Do I need a timer etc.? Should I get one that will automatically keep something warm when it's finished cooking?

I just got a new job and I'll be out all day so I'd like to have dinner ready sometimes for when I get home. I'm single and live alone, so I probably don't need a really big one, although I would like to be able to fit a whole chicken in it. I enjoy spicy foods like curries, asian style foods, and foods with lots of flavour, so if anyone has any great, easy recipes I'd love to hear them. I don't want anything where I have to pre-cook something, then put it in the crock pot to cook more.

Thanks!