bossy asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

would walkin 3-4 hrs non stop a daty 6 days a week help me loose weight?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Of course it would???? Do you really have to ask?

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Yes, it probably would but I have to say it seems an unrealistic amount of time for you to be able to stick with. I could be completely wrong but I feel this might be something you decide to do and enthusiastically keep up for a few days or even a few weeks and then fall off the wagon and gain back any weight you lost.

The best way to lose weight is to make lifestyle changes that you feel you can keep up with forever. It would be very hard to spend that much of your time on exercise unless you're a professional athlete or dancer or something like that. You need to be able to have a life as well!

So my advice would be to eat healthily with the odd indulgence and start by walking maybe one hour each day. Losing weight will take more time, but you will keep the weight off rather than yo yo. If you find you're easily keeping up with it, you can always increase the time or the speed of your walks.

Good luck.

• 1 decade ago

this would more than likely make you exhausted so don't be so extreme. walk one hour per day, cut out the junk food, drink loads of water and the weight will drop off. do it 5 days a week with 2 days off maybe a wednesday and a sunday so your body can rest. doing too much will make you ill.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Probably yes but you would have to walk at a speed that made it worth while. Breaking out in a sweat would be enough but pushing it further than that might be unhealthy for you in other ways.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Definately. Just need to walk one hour a day and cut out the crap and the weight will fall off.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

you may gain weight on the scales through muscle mass but tone your body down a size or two

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yep course

• 1 decade ago

if you eat a healthy well balanced diet, of course it will. If you eat more calories than you burn, though, you will not lose any weight and may even gain some.

• 1 decade ago

it would but obversley ya have to follow that up by eating a well balanced diet that way ya get a great figure and look good

• 1 decade ago

yes luvi am very sure you would lose weight if you also eat healthier and drink plenty of water. good luck x

• deni
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

sure, any excercise is good.....a good idea if you are keen on it is to pick up your walking speed a little each week, have fun walking

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.