Christians, how is female masturbation a sin?

What if the female doesn't have impure/lustful thoughts? And don't say it's impossible, this is speaking from personal experience.

*Inspired by: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AijVb...

"can u masturbate without any sexual thoughts?"

Yes.

Best Answer

Masturbation would fall under the sin of lust, I don't know how you could really masturbate without having lustful thoughts, but the act of masturbating itself would be viewed as fulfilling lustful behavior. You're doing it cause it feels good sexually right? I'm pretty sure that qualifies as lust. That would be my guess.

Sin is just another ridiculous, archaic concept common to the primitive dogmas that characterize religion in its many pernicious forms. Its sole purpose is to frighten and to control the behavior and thoughts of the simple-minded and the uneducated still willing to be duped by the religious institutions to which they submit. In other words, sin, as a Stone Age concept, is and has always been essentially meaningless. It is absolutely useless in the modern age.

Masturbation is a delicious pleasure that all should enjoy... regularly. As for fantasy or "lustful thoughts," these are quite appropriate in this context as they enhance the pleasure of the experience. Enjoy!

There is absolutely NOTHING in the bible about female masturbation. Of course a variety of prudes, pastors, popes and other MEN throughout history, have faked verses and deliberately mis interpreted and mis translated sections to show it is sinful. But the fact remains it is not mentioned AT ALL. Only men are mentioned specifically.

Apparently these women people who say that you can not masturbate without specific sexual thoughts have never done it.

An answerer above said: "It's considered a sin because masturbation in GENERAL, is considered a form of coveting, which is not to be done according to one of the ten commandments."

How can it be "coveting" when I'm only enjoying what I already have?

• I'm a Christian, and I don't see that there is an issue unless it involves "lusting after" someone inappropriate. My understanding is that I can lust after my husband all I want. So, if that prompts my actions, or if it is strictly a physical reaction to physical stimulus, I don't see a problem with it.

Unless, of course, I am satisfying myself and avoiding my husband. I don't have a right to deprive him of sex. That's one of the problems I have with men and porn. Porn is cheap and easy and gets the payoff without any personal investment. (And it distorts a man's idea of what sex is, or what a real woman wants.) That makes it easy for a man to defraud his wife of a satisfying intimate relationship.

Men and women are capable of having orgasms in their sleep. I can't see a sin in something involuntary.

Male or female masturbation for say is not a sin, there is nothing i the Bible agents it, however when you do it you must be thinking of someone and that would be lust, and that would be. Just for G.P. God created sex for the pleasure of a husband and wife thus one perk in being married

I don't think that masturbation itself is a sin. We were given specific areas of the body that cause sexual pleasure. If it were a sin for something like this to be pleasurable, then I really doubt we would get any enjoyment out of sex or masturbation. I think it's only a sin when something specifically sinful is involved such as pornography, lustful thoughts, obscene literature, etc.

It isn't. Masturbation is not sinful and the Bible doesn't say that it is. It can become sinful if you are lusting in your heart after someone other than your spouse, but other than that there is nothing sinful about it. And for those that say that it is fulfilling the desires of the flesh, so is eating chocolate cake, taking a bubble bath, and waerin soft fuzzy sweaters but no one cries out against those things!

OK. to that romer guy, how is masterbating going to cause overpopulation?!?!!? that was a pretty stupid answer. But mastebating isn't a sin. It's a natural part of life.

Because it gives you physical pleasure.

And THAT'S a sin to the Christians.

Yet another reason Asatru trumps Christianity.