What does everyone think of this statement? " Catholics INVENTED Christianity 2000 years ago". True or false?

I just copied and pasted that statement from another question. I have seen this quoted much lately. This is not talking about the general meaning of the word "catholic" which means "universal", this is talking about the Catholic religion. In your opinion, is that a true statement or a false... show more I just copied and pasted that statement from another question. I have seen this quoted much lately. This is not talking about the general meaning of the word "catholic" which means "universal", this is talking about the Catholic religion. In your opinion, is that a true statement or a false one? Please state why and tell your religion. No hate answers toward Catholics, please.
Update: To Aries007 - I have seen it several times recently on this site. Here is the question that I got the statement from. I copied it word for word from the middle of Thin Aboutit's answer.
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AmhZyCMTcF4UnwtrJhMeij7sy6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20071029143816AADTpFI
Update 2: Just so everyone knows, I did not give anyone thumbs down.