If feminism is about equality between the sexes why isn't it called androgenism?

It seems to me that most words with the suffix ism, like racism, capitalism, nationalism, indicate a belief of supremacy associated with the root word. It also seems that many female feminists that I have met aren't really after equality but are instead after positions of domination over males. Many male... show more It seems to me that most words with the suffix ism, like racism, capitalism, nationalism, indicate a belief of supremacy associated with the root word. It also seems that many female feminists that I have met aren't really after equality but are instead after positions of domination over males. Many male feminists seem like supplicants and sycophants to females, and perhaps this does bring some level of equality since it parallels male chauvinism so well.
Update: thank you HDK I tried to put alot of thought in to it.
Update 2: I am not saying that some women don't want equality Scorch. I am sure lots of women want equality. I am just saying that feminism falls short of equality between the sexes in that it seems to supports female supremacy, and creates equality in that it has created an equal and opposite reaction to male chauvinism.
Update 3: Thank you Kate Lomax. That is the sort of inspiration, I am looking for right now. That truly sounds egalitarian am I want to hear more about people functioning on those levels.
Update 4: Thanks for some great answers folks. To those that got their buttons pushed, I hope you can realize that it doesn't help any cause you work for to be more reactive than thoughtful.