munkey asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 1 decade ago

did you hear about the craigslist murder?

Hopefully this made front page national news, but a young woman responding to a nanny listing on craigslist was killed here last week.... be careful, never go alone....

http://www.startribune.com/332/story/1512230.html

Best Answer

Yes, I heard about this case. Unfortunately, there are pycho's out everywhere. Craigslist is online classifieds just like a newspaper. It is really scary someone could place an ad to lure someone for murder.

Every experience that I've ever heard about related to Craigslist seems to end up in tragedy.

The bottom line is nobody should be "anonymous" -- I long for a national id card and instant online records.

Also there are many more female "perverts" and teachers than male who lure young boys into relationships.

I suspect posters who may appear "doth protest too much".

omg! How horrible! You know its really bad that you can't even look for a job anymore without worrying about things like this.

The poster above me is right - it seems there are ALOT more men that are sick in the head than we ever knew - doctors, teachers, lawyers, government officials, etc. the list goes on - there was one last week , some kind of government official that killed himself because he got caught trying to meet up with a mom to have sex with her 5 year old daughter - it's just unreal!

If you haven't before,then watch Dateline's "To Catch a Predator" on NBC - it is shocking everytime they do a show, because there are men showing up left and right - normal looking family men - thinking they are going to have sex with a child they met online. Once you watch a couple of those shows, you'll really realize how scary this world is.

There are perverts running rampant EVERYWHERE. And they are your everyday teachers, doctors, etc. - It's really and truly a crying shame

"Every experience that I've ever heard about related to Craigslist seems to end up in tragedy."

Every experience I've ever heard about craig's list ends up with someone getting something. Never heard of any tragedies. That's got to be one of the STUPIDEST things I've EVER heard!

"The bottom line is nobody should be "anonymous" -- I long for a national id card and instant online records."

Who are you? What's your name and address? Is JB your real name? Tell us now! Don't have a right to privacy! Tell me where you live!

"I suspect posters who may appear "doth protest too much"."

Wow, so any body who tells you how full of crap you are is "Protesting too much"?

• ArRo

Yes, and it should be another warning about meeting anybody in person, after an Internet connection. Never, never go alone to a meeting. Just watching "To Catch A Predator" shows us a seemingly endless parade of sick men trying to hook up with young girls or boys.

How about craigslist puts a warning on their site?

craigs list was where a woman running a massage/escort business through here in Grand Junction was murdered. her body has never been found.

Nearly every auto mechanic on there is a crook.

Trust no one, find out about them first, and then don't trust them.

oh my god, I check craiglist for bargains all the time.