How can I find a BATF agent near my home yown?

I would like to find out how to produce and sell my wine.

2 Answers

  • Trid
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    While the BATF is still active and kicking, they're not the governing agency with regards to selling wine.

    TTB, which is an agency of BATF (the full name is "Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau") is who enforces the regulations set by BATF.

    They don't care how you produce it. They're primarily concerned with the tax money from it. They set the regulation of tax rate (on a federal level...state is a whole other issue) and such things. They also handle labeling issues and compliance, but that's only a small part of what they enforce.

    Here's a good start to answer your questions in greater depth:

  • Lisa H
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

    couple things. first the BATF, is no more. It was the bureau of alcohol, tobacco and firearms, prior to the creation of Homeland Securty. It is now call TTB. It is now the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau. is their address.

    Secondly I don't think that they would be very helpful in producing wine and/or selling wine. Their only purpose is to make sure that you follow proper guidelines for labelling purposes. Though they do have some interesting FAQ questions on their website that might help steer you in the correct direction.

    Source(s): work for wine label printer and deal with TTB on daily basis.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.