Real hangover cures?

I read that a hangover is a chemical imbalance in which alcohol displaces salts and electrolites, or something like that.

For what I have read or seen, either gatorade or drinking serum are good hangover cures as they replace what was lost, which one of the two is best?, or is there something better?.

Please avoid stupid or superstitious responses such as "don't drink", or "try tacos"

Favorite Answer

I find that if you take an asprin before going to bed and chase it with a liberal amount of gatorade or some other vitamin fortified water you will be fine in the morning. another thing that works is drinking more refined alcohol, part of the hangover is your body having a hard time breaking down the alcohol, the more refined it is the less work your body has to do ie: less hangover.

Source(s): i am a bartender

It tastes kinda gross, but I drink Pedyalite when I wake up. It's the electrolyte replacing solution you give to sick kids. It is one of the few things I've found that actually works by restoring the balance. Making sure you stay hydrated while you drink is a good idea too. It's hard, but try to go one for one with water and an alcoholic beverage.

It sounds odd. But to get over a hang over, drink one beer. The reason that you're hanging over is because your body is going through a separation of the alcohol dependancy that you've temporarily created. Drinking a beer won't get you drunk, but will even out the way you feel (sort of the way crack abusers feel better, not high, after taking a hit)

• JannaB

Gatorade is a good one. But I find regular water before you go to sleep also helps. And eating always is my feel better solution.

Make sure you are well hydrated before during and after drinking. Also eat a little bit of something. Lately one of my favorite post drinking drinks is "Vitamin Water"...especially one with vitamin B6 in it.

tomato juice and greasy food are proven cures. the oils and acids from them counteract the hangover effects from booze.

a v-8, grasy bacon cheese burger and a coke has always done me right.

• dino

Gatorade or other sports drinks help, but really only time will help. You are dehydrated so water helps as well.

WATER, WATER , WATER! Before, during and after drinking.. and all through the next day. Bread and cheese is good too before you go to sleep.

SLEEP!!! It really is the best cure for me!! and if you do wake up, eat some bread, drink alotta water and go back to sleep! :)

one time i was really hungover, and the best thing that i ever did was too drink three pepsis in a row and it was gone i swear. it really works

Source(s): experience