Suggestions for international marketing research topic, please help!?

I have to figure out a topic for an international marketing research paper and I am stuck. The requirements are vague, it just has to incorporate international marketing. I want a topic that I can find enough information about but I also want it to be somethign that isn't the typical "gas prices, oil industry or the like". I am stuck for a good topic. Please help!

Best Answer

HOW ABOUT TOYS. THERE IS A LOT OF CONTROVERSY ON TOYS BEING MADE OVERSEAS AND SHIPPED TO THE U.S. EVEN CLOTHING, ONE THE NEWS THEY MENTIONED A WELL KNOWN CLOTHING COMPANY THAT JUST FOUND OUT IT CONTRACTED TO HAVE CLOTHING MADE, AND THAT CONTRACTOR CONTRACTED THE JOB OUT, AND FOUND OUT THAT THE CLOTHES ARE BEING MADE IN A SWEAT SHOP BY CHILDREN. VERY INTERESTING I THINK. YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU MIGHT "UNRAVEL".

• Erika

International Marketing Topics

In a few of my marketing classes we talked about the down falls of international marketing alot... such as culture norms, values and the like. Different countries associate certain colors, or sayings with different things. In the US the color white is acceptable, however, in other countries white might suggest death or something. There are alot of such inadequacies between different societies... it can be kinda funny to uncover some of the findings. And all in all its a pretty easily researched topic. You could discuss the importance of researching particular countries before implementing a marketing plan there.

Here's some, but I'm not sure if they are already taken: -The issue of obesity -Global Warming -Gas Prices, Cause and Effects (And more) Those are just some of the main ideas. I would do something to proove statistics wrong.