Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

Girl says"Want me to cook you dinner this Friday?",guy says"Thank you, have a nice day"(texting).Meaning????

Girl says "Want me to cook you dinner this Friday?" , guy says "Thank you, have a nice day"(Both texting back and forth).What does this mean?

26 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It means the guy sent an ambiguous response.

Thank you- means that he accepts.

"have a nice day" is a standard blow-off and would imply that you (er... he) are dismissing the overture.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It Means She Wants To Know If You Want Her To Cook You Dinner.

• CSmom
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

He doesn't want to have dinner Friday night , and forgot to put the word "No" in front of thank you. Also, he might be hinting that he isn't interested in the girl at all.

A lot of people are Mis-reading this question. Thank you have a nice day, is a blow off. He is not interested, or he is really bad at texting.

Source(s): common sense
  • 1 decade ago

It could mean that he isn't interested or he could have accidentally responded to your text when it was meant for someone else. I have had that happen to me a couple of times where I have gotten some off the wall text that wasn't meant for me. I have sent a couple out too. Text him and find out if he wants dinner or not.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Best action would be to call him and ask!

Either he says yes and apologises for the brief reply or, if he was being rude, you put him in an awkward situation because it's much easier to text something rude than say it. (And if he was being rude, he deserves to be in a tough situation!)

It depends on what had been said before, how well you know him, and if either of you were careless with your texting (pressed the wrong letter, selected the wrong word, etc.)

• 1 decade ago

If the guy is interested he should have said: Yes, I would love it... or anything of that sort. But his statement means the opposite. It means that he is not at all interested in the girl's offer. "Thank you" is a polite expression of refusal and he concluded the conversation.

• 1 decade ago

means guy does not want girl to cook him dinner.

• 1 decade ago

Means that she's goin to cook dinner on Friday and he said yes and told her to have a nice day....

It's not that confusing.

Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Your post has an echo, and it sounds like he gave her the brush off.

One would have to ask him though, to find out for sure what he meant and if he was avoiding her question or if the "thank you" was accepting it.

• 1 decade ago

It seems he was answering as if you were telling him that you would cook! Sounds like a date!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.