this email said that I had won some online lottery promotion and asked for my contact information I didn't giv

this email said that I had won some online lottery promotion and asked for my contact information I didn't give it to them but was wondering if this is scam?

Favorite Answer

This is a SCAM. Check out the below link for confirmation of various scams, including the famous Yahoo/MSN lottery scams and how to report them.

http://www.consumerfraudreporting.org/lotteryscam_...

Unscrupulous thieves have sent you this email and they are trying to part you from your hard earned cash. They will often ask you to call a premium rate number and keep you holding on whilst you rack up a huge phone bill. They are then paid a large proportion of this phone bill. They may ask you to divulge personal information about yourself or ask for your bank or credit card details. Do not divulge any such information under any circumstances. It is surprising how many innocent victims have been duped by these types of emails. Just remember the thieves who send them are very clever and extremely convincing. I suggest you delete the email and send it into cyberspace, hopefully along with the thieving scumbags who send them.

Check out these sites for further information :

http://www.scambusters.com

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/

Source(s): Experience within Criminal Justice Dept. U.K. (dealt with such scams.)

Of course it's a scam. Lucky you didn't. Anything that asks for you're information online (email etc...) is untrustworthy. Not unless you know what you're doing, trust it and know it is positive and not a scam.

You don't get anything for nothing, it's a scam do not answer do not give personal information.The following sites give more information.

www.scambusters.org

www.hoaxbusters.ciac.org

www.scambusters-419.co.uk

www.truthorfiction.com

.Also If you go to the following link you will get some info on ID theft www.identity-theft.org.uk the iinternet is safe enough if you are careful but please answer nothing that you are doubtful about.Good Luck and be careful.

Did you enter a lottery? No? Then it clearly isn't true, and therefore must be a scam. Easy really.

i also received several e-mails notifying me that i won in online lotteries. i answered one and i was told that i have to go to south africa to claim the prize. i said forget it for i don't have the money to go to so. africa and i was thinking it was just a scam so i junked it.

Definitely a scam Good thing you didn't fall for it.

spam it or delete it. Never answer those, unless you KNOW you entered they're contest!