promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 decade ago

How can B.C. be ranked higher than Kansas?

.....when B.C. plays in a little pretend conference, should have lost to lousy V.T. (I don't want to hear about V.T.'s sympathy over-ranking), and Kansas is the only team in the country ranked in the top five in both offense and defense? That goes for Oregon and some of those other posers too! Really, Ohio State shouldn't be there but at least they have history to help them :(

Update:

MiK- K-State would destroy B.C. (B,C. is the one who hasn't played anyone - east coast football is a joke!)

Update 2:

K-State, Texas A&M, and Colorado are cupcakes? Those teams would go through B.C.'s cute little conference like a knife through hot butter. maybe we'll get the luck of the draw and meet some of your weak teams in bowl games. I would love to watch B.C. lose 55-6 to Oklahoma.

Update 3:

Wake Forest couldn't beat Nebraska who is the doormat of the Big-12. You guys are out of your minds!

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

HERE IS A BETTER QUESTION:

How can Arizona State & Oregon be ranked higher than Oklahoma?

Who has Arizona State played? The toughest team the Sun Devils have played is a Cal team that has lost 3 games (one loss coming to a UCLA team who in turn lost to Notre Dame!).

Granted, Oregon beat Michigan & USC, but both of those teams are terrible this year. Michigan flubs against Appalachian State, & USC can't even pull out a "W" against lowly Stanford.

The notion that the PAC-10 (aka - the "Play All Cupcakes" 10) has a harder schedule than the Big XII is ridiculous. Heck...with the emergence of Kansas & the rebirth of the Big XII North, one can't possibly argue that Arizona State or Oregon should be ahead of Oklahoma.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Who knows, but my guess is because the same people who have kept OU out of the top 5 have also failed to give KU the respect they deserve. I think everyone is down on the Big 12 this year because 2 of the traditional "powerhouses", Texas & Nebraska are struggling. I personally believe that KU's greatest test this seasn has come from a finicky K State team in Manhattan. Nobody EVER gives K State any credit. They still remember 40 yrs ago when they were the LOSING-EST team in NCAA history. You are an OU fan. All I have to say to get you to respect K State's ability is "2003".

B.C. gets more respect for beating VT, true. But arguing that they are a better team than KU is foolish. Look at the offensive AND defensive stats. KU has come full circle, they have worked hard, their efforts are paying off, and they deserve some respect. They can score on the ground and in the air and keep their opponent from scoring on either. Thats what makes a well rounded team. I'd put my $$$ on KU over B.C., ANY TIME!!!

Oregon has the officials in their pocket, remember last year... and Ohio State would lose to our local OSU if they played today. They play as weak or weaker a schedule as KU this year. BOTH will lose their bowl games. LSU and Oklahoma would be the 2 best teams playing for a National Championship. They shoud get that chance after the season winds down.

Honestly, I think Mizzou will pluck feathers in the last game of the regular season and represent the North in the big 12 game. BUT, for now, the stats don't lie. KU is one of the best teams in the country.

• 1 decade ago

Kansas is a very good team. The only problem with Kansas football (including K State) is they play cupcake schedules. Kansas has played no one this year they do deserve a top 10 but ahead of BC who has played VT and won is somewhat ridiculous. But if Kansas wins the Big 12 North they will have a test against OU in the big 12 championship game. If they win that they'll have a guarenteed BCS bowl but I think if that happens give em a shot at the Ohio State University.

• 1 decade ago

Well Apart from Kansas State who were only Number 24 who have Kansas played and they don't play anyone good until Missouri and that is there last game of the year

BC have beaten 2 ranked teams in Wake Forest and VT who are a lot better then who Kansas have played

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

WELL!!!!!! as far as your little crack about oregon, why hasnt kansas scheduled oregon for a home and home like oregon has been trying to do for over 5 years?? i guess when ku plays the ducks we'll see who is a poser and who isnt. the ducks would absolutly destroy ku and ku knows it otherwise they would have scheduled the home and home series with the ducks 5 years ago!! and as far as offense and defense goes you need to do a little research before making statements that make you look stupid. oregon will and would crush ku, ohio state, bc and lsu but i guess that will all work itself out at the end of the season. you know its funny because i had this same discussion with a nebraska fan in 2001 and oregon crushed them in that bowl game and should have played for the national championship. how does a team that is ranked number 2 not go to the bcs championship game??

• 1 decade ago

Boston College had a higher ranking at the beginning that Kansas. The Jayhawks weren't even in others receving votes at the beginning season. Even Duke was in that section.

• 1 decade ago

Because they were ranked higher in preseason and the same voters who voted then, are voting now, and they don't want to look stupid.

Both teams out of conference schedules are terrible, and should preclude each team from serious consideration.

• 1 decade ago

Im a Nebraska fan... :(

#1 Big 12 is a joke this year.

#2 BC has beaten #15 GA Tech and #8 V Tech -

Kansas has beaten KANSAS STATE!!! WHOA!!!

Also they barely beat Colorado and Texas A&M held them scoreless for the first half. Kansas' schedule is a JOKE.

Central Michigan

SE Louisiana

Toledo

Florida International

Baylor

PLEASE!

#3 They are Kansas

#4 No one has heard of one player on the team

• 1 decade ago

Well, BC is undefeated and played much more difficult opponents than Kansas. Sure Kansas is undefeated but their best win was against...Kansas State? We'll see if the Jayhawks are for real when they play Nebraska, OK State and Mizzou.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No one ever respects anything from Kansas, I hate it. I hope they kick everyone's a$$ and then they won't have a choice but to show some respect.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.