Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenCleaning & Laundry · 1 decade ago

OmG My cLoThEs KEEP SHRINKING! THIS IS THE END OF THE WORLD!! THE END OF THE WORLD I SAYZ!?

The past two months, I haven't been letting my mommy wash my clothes. TBH with you, I haven't washed my clothes at all, really. Before you scream with fright, I'm not a dirty person. I always wear a wifebeater or whatever you call it underneath, and I wear two a day - one in the morning, until I hit third period Wrestling. After Wrestling and a shower, I change into a new one. I'm quite meticulous about my clothes, and they never get dirty - no ketchup stains, no hot dog chunks.

clothes are Hollister and Aeropostale and American Eagle (yes, I'm a grade-school student), so I don't think the quality's a problem.

How do I keep my clothes from shrinking, so I can freely wash it?

clothes are Hollister and Aeropostale and American Eagle (yes, I'm a grade-school student), so I don't think the quality's a problem.

How do I keep my clothes from shrinking, so I can freely wash it, and not have to worry about only being able to wear it twice before it becomes too small for me?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • K-O
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Wash them in cold water, gentle cycle, and do NOT put them in the dryer. Hang them up. That's what I do and I have no problems with shrinking.

• 1 decade ago

Always wash your clothes in cold water

gentle cycle

Have the dryer setting on low for about half hour.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If your clothes are shrinking, it means that they are probably made mostly of cotton which has one of the highest risks of shrinking. They are shrinking because whoever is doing your laundry, (your mother i presume) is drying them on high heat.

Tell her to dry them on a lower heat, so that the fibers in the clothes dont contract.

Or, for no risk of shrinking, air dry them just by hanging them up.

(Although this can result in wrinkling.)

Source(s): My own mother. :)
  • 1 decade ago

dont put the clothes that u really like in the dryer just hang em up

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

try stretching the clothes, I had the same problem with American Eagle clothing.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.