Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 1 decade ago

Should the US provide citizenship to illegal immigrant students?

I'm in speech and debate for my first year, and I'm bad at finding articles. I would love if someone could post an article stating reasons why the US should or should not provide citizenship. But if you can't, just name reasons and facts and that would also be helpful. Thanks in advance!

26 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

no, bec. if you do that then they should also give citizenship to all illegal alien.....it's not fair to all legal allein and to the citizens

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Adding to pal_013168's answer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7WJeqxuOfQ

Youtube thumbnail

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBONmdeRvpM

Youtube thumbnail

http://www.dontspeakforme.org/videos.html

--->view founder Colonel Rodriguez's video, bottom of page

By the way, if every illegal disappeared today, tomato prices wouldn't change. Why? Since the 1960's, all harvesting of tomatoes has been mechanized and is much CHEAPER than manual labor.

Most other crops have been automated - plant to harvest - as well by advanced nations with no cheap labor. They're way ahead of us BECAUSE we HAVE cheap labor.

Students? Citizenship?

Why?

Most of my friends in college were in the U.S. on student visas. They studied just fine without citizenship, got jobs under H1 visas, worked a while and either returned or immigrated LEGALLY to the U.S.

Honestly...WHY would citizenship be necessary for ANY student? Makes absolutely NO sense.

The only long-term help for poor people in other nations is by building up their own economies. Relying on ours is short-term, compromised help at best.

Answer: NOOOOOOO!!!!!

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Where did you get the information that illegal immigrants are in the US Army? If you have a source please share. The fact is that there are non-citizen, immigrants serving in the US Army, they cannot have a security clearance, and cannot be a commissioned officer. I would seriously doubt the "illegal" immigrants in the US Army claim. It does take more than a fake SSN and Green Card to get in. They do run background checks to make sure you have no prior drug history.

• 1 decade ago

no, the united states should not provide citizenship to illegal immigrant students. that amounts to amnesty. my understanding of amnesty is aid for a person fleeing a war-torn area. many of the illegal immigrants demanding citizenship made a conscious decision to come here illegally. they weren't threatened or forced to leave their homes. to GIVE citizenship would be a reward for unlawful behavior, and a slap in the face to those that have legally pursued US citizenship. also, illegal immigrant students should not be given financial aid to pursue higher education without pursuing citizenship through the means that are in place.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

We should not provide citizenship, nor an education, to any illegal person in America. Period. No food. No health care. No housing. And no job.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No way! Why would anyone want this country to provide citizenship to illegals unless you are Mr. Bush or a criminal CEO?

• R J
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Go to Mike Savage's website or Paul Revere Society. He brought that up and they rioted outside his station. He bet his listeners that the police would not pick them up due to the mayor and he was right. Must be nice to get a free education, does have it's perks. By 2020 70% of doctors here will be from foreign countries, we educate for free. Why can't they subsidise American doctors.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Because if we provide amnesty it will encourage even more millions of illegals to come. In 1983 we offered amnesty to 3 million illegals. Today more than 12 million are here. Amnesty has been proven to make the problem worse.

• 1 decade ago

The US shouldn't even provide citizenship to the children of women who are in the country illegally when they give birth.

• 1 decade ago

Why should the US be forced to pay for people that contribute nothing to taxes and weren't born here?

No other country would do this and the US shouldn't have to either.

It reminds me of the first lawsuit from that horrible Tsunami. It was a someone suing the US for not protecting them. I'm sorry, did their country give us one dime for a global sensor net?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

When you offer something valuable to people who break the law, you are encouraging criminal behaviour. The trek to the US is not an easy one for everybody and is sometimes deadly. I cannot justify telling children that they should risk their lives and break laws in order to get an education in the US. That's also undercutting the Mexican government's attempts to run a successful government when they cannot keep people in their country.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.