always.askin asked in SportsHockey · 1 decade ago

How do you break in a hockey catcher/trapper?

I have a TPS xi catcher/trapper and for some weird reason i can't seem to break it in. I played with it for a year but it still seems that it is very hard to close. I've played with my friends new trapper that he just bought and it was really easy to close. Do you have any tips for breaking in the catcher? Or is this catcher known for its hard break in?

THanks

Favorite Answer

my brother is a goalie and to break in his catcher, he puts a hockey puck inside the catcher and puts the catcher under something really heavy...we usually use the couch...he leaves in under there for at least 24 hours, but it works better if it stays there for 48 hours!!! good luck

Put conditioner on the leather and rub it in. At first it is sppery but then it becomes soft after about 2 or 3 weeks. I know it sounds stupid but it works real well.

Have you tried oiling it down? That helps loosening it up.

• Use it/

Sit on it/

Sleep on it

Source(s): I have one.