Identifying slope and y-intercept of a line?

I am understanding EVERYTHING up until now. I am just not understanding the part of rewriting the equation into slope intercept form. The problem is 2x=-4y+6 The part i am not understanding is that in the book it shows it as rewriting it as -4y=2x-6 and then y=-1/2x+3/2 okay so where did... show more I am understanding EVERYTHING up until now. I am just not understanding the part of rewriting the equation into slope intercept form. The problem is

2x=-4y+6

The part i am not understanding is that in the book it shows it as rewriting it as

-4y=2x-6 and then
y=-1/2x+3/2

okay so where did that -6 come from and why are the finishing results looking like fractions. I am basically not understanding the whole process of how that works.

I am not on here as a joke or to have someone just give me the answer. I take this very seriously so i WILL understand. If i wanted just the answer i would copy the whole thing out of the book. So please understand i am on here for complete understanding.

Thanks to all that help me.