Should immigrants be informed about claiming, houses, benefits,through an interpreter?

i think we immigrants are not fully informed about all the things we can claim for.

18 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

abdul why you kick my dog

• skip
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Legal immigrants don't actually qualify for very much in federal or federal/state aid. it is the illegals with anchor babies who get everything.

Yes, legal immigrants should be offered assistance with an interpreter. In fact I would go further and offer legal immigrants free or low-cost English lessons to those who need it. Then there would be less need for interpreters and we would have a more effective workforce. Those who come here legally would progress, which benefits our economy. Illegals would see the disadvantages in being illegal. Coupled with some provisions in the tax reform bill proposed by Rep. Rangel last week, this country would rediscover prosperity for the vast majority of its citizenry (including the legals). I suspect old Charlie never thought of that bit. Quite amusing really.

• Yoda
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Why do I have the gut feeling that when you say "we immigrants", you REALLY mean "we illegal alien criminals"??

Illegal aliens are not immigrants. Never have been and never will be. You are not in the immigration process AT ALL. You will never become a U.S. citizen or immigrant unless you go home to your country and get in line BEHIND all the REAL legal immigrants.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

They already are. Housing Associations round here provide interpreters to deal with applicants who can't speak English.

Those applicants who CAN speak English - ie British people - usually just get told "no".

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

it depends if they are coming into this country with a job lined up n everything then yeah they should be told, but if there illegal immigrants n just plan on sponging off the government then i dont think they should be told!

• 1 decade ago

I don't understand your question Abdul from Sudan. I need an interpreter!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

they allready are!!. they have stop off places to go where all of their legal rights to claim are explained to them. and claim forms filled in etc etc. same with housing aplications and furniture grants. transport comunication etc. there are armies!! of people taking care of them. thats why they!! get social housing. and British people get put way back in the waiting list.

• 1 decade ago

NO go home and see what you can get out of the system that you have paid into not mine

• 1 decade ago

no! learn the language or leave. the things you claim are paid for by my tax dollars

• Ñusta
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Troll.

• 1 decade ago

I think they are informed enough already.they obviously do other wise they wouldn't be here in the first place.do they get informed at home.???

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.