Girlfriends parents wont let us date?

Well you see im a respectable kid im 17 and the love of my life is 14 which is totally legal if her parents would let me in... We snuck behind her moms back and talked and started a relationship... When her mom found out she told me never to talk to her again... So a week later i called her mom and her mom said it is ok if we talk but cuz of the age its not a good idea we date... what should i do?

• Mike
    Best Answer

respect the parents wishes and let things develop SLOWLY. The fact that her mom says you can talk is a good sign that she trusts you--go with that and increase her trust.

This is a tough question. You do realize that once you do hit the age of 18 it would be illegal, well as long as there was a kind of sexual contact. Even still it could be frowned upon as you two shouldnt be having sex anyway. Perhaps talk to the mother and let her realize that there wont be any sexual stuff going on between the two of you, and that its more like you two are really good friends, but also stick to that dont just lie to her. You wouldn't want to get into more trouble by sneaking behind her back.

• Amanda

Wow. This sounds very familiar. Let me tell you my story, see if it helps. I started dating this guy...he was amazing. But my parents didn't want me to have a boyfriend, so we hardly were ever able to hang out, when we did it was like the greatest thing ever. They kept saying after time maybe things would get better, but encourgaged me to break up with him only because they didn't want me to have a boyfriend. I fought back though because I loved him so much...and after 7 months they forced us to break up because they thought we got too serious. Now it woudl be 9 months and we're always fighting, trying to have an only in school relationship that no one knows about. And it sucks. I still love him, but its so hard to stick with this. I hope this is not your future....I wish I could give you advice. The best I can do is no matter what...do NOT sneak around their backs if you're going to stay together. Losing their trust is the last thing you need to do. If he has rules, curfews, or whatever...RESPECT THEM. Parents like that are like mine....and that will cause them to blame things he is doing on you. If you love him, stick around and show him...but if it turns out that you know things will only get worse...leave before it breaks your heart too much.

How about leave it alone? Find some one your age or older! You will love the experience that an older lady can give you!

God bless them. They may have saved your life because if the police find about this and you did something with that young child, you would be in prison right now.

shes not the love of your life you tool, your 17 shes the first girl to touch your penis or kiss you or whatever, its not love its lust and infatuation.Now, do what your told, find someone your own age and stop being such a horses ***

You need to tell your girl friend to convince them, they are her parents after all. It's really up to you and her if you date anyway, not her parents.

• Juno

pull a Romeo and Juliet stint...

Good for them!!!!