What foreign movies do you recomend?

i like io non ho paura, heaven, amelie, 8 femmes, stupeur et tremblement, volver. i have seen a couple more and i can't remember their names or who was in them perhaps someone here knows what i am talking about..... the first one is set back in the 1800's (i think) really really funny movie with french... show more i like io non ho paura, heaven, amelie, 8 femmes, stupeur et tremblement, volver. i have seen a couple more and i can't remember their names or who was in them perhaps someone here knows what i am talking about..... the first one is set back in the 1800's (i think) really really funny movie with french aristocrats having lots of sex and not really doing a whole lot else. very colourful film. saw bits of it on tv i really can't remember any other details. the other one is a french canadian film i only saw the second half it seemed to be about an older guy who used to be somewhat of a playboy but is now dying (of cancer perhaps) and he has summoned all of his old friends (people who used to be part of influential society) out to a cabin in the woods to spend his last days with, to say goodbye, and to help him commit suicide. interesting dynamics between all the characters and interesting handling of a controversial topic. sounds familiar?
9 answers 9