Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelTravel (General)Other - Destinations · 1 decade ago

What do you think is the greatest adventure in life?

SOoe time in my lifetime i plan on finding the coolese adventure out there and doing it. The problem is I don't really know what 2 do. Adventure is my middle name but where can i find it?

Favorite Answer

You can find adventure everywhere.

First decide how much of adventure you will enjoy and where it will become too scary.

Tame adventures (but both cost a live in the Netherlands the last couple of weeks.)

Rafting, climbing and abseiling on a training wall.

From here it gets more adventure, more or less in the order I would find it adventure or scary but mixed in things you might want to do.

Holiday abroad.

Backpacking using hostels, in a country where you do not speak the local language.

Outdoor sports with an instructor. (Like horse riding, climbing, white water rafting, use of primitive weapons like bow and arrow.)

Hiking.

Bicycle holiday with not reservations.

Hiking alone.

Survival course with good instructions and back-up.

Backpacking using coach surfing and alike sites:

http://www.couchsurfing.com/

http://www.hospitalityclub.org/

Winter Safari in Finnish Lapland. (Including things like dogsled tour and ice fishing.)

Hiking holiday with absolute no preparations, bringing a tent or bivouac but also sleeping in the houses of people you just meet.

Hitch-hiking, specially in countries where they like people like you for casual sexual encounters.

Survival tour that is real make it or suffer.

And a few others I could not add to above list because I do not know where the go on the list of scary:

Wintersports, (skiing comes in several difficulties, snowboarding too.)

Hunting (not a done thing here.)

Fencing, with sports blades or with real blades.

So start with going out next weekend and do a hike, or plan a trip that you think is adventurous enough for you.

Source(s): I like to travel, but for me adventure starts with hiking alone, I prefer guided outdoor activities and knowing where to sleep.