How can I turn my WLAN on?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
My "turn WLAN on" button on my laptop computer isn't working. Is there any other way I can turn my WLAN on so that I can view my wireless connections and connect to the ...show more
Best Answer
There is two ways to enable/disable your wifi card on most laptops. One is a button or switch on the front or left side of the laptop. As an alternatively most laptops also have an FN key + Fkey combination such as FN+F2 on most Dell laptops.

This will turn on the card. You may still have your wifi connection disabled in windows so you may still have to go into your Network connections (Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Network Connections), right click on the wifi connection and enable.
  • Rate
  • Comment

Other Answers (2)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • phenders21 answered 7 years ago
    You may need drivers for the WiFi Adapter. Either download them or install them from the CD that came with your laptop or tell us the Make and model of your laptop.

If you already have the drivers
    Start-->Settings-->Network Connections.

Right click the Wireless Network Connection and click enable.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • Colinc answered 7 years ago
    Look for a tiny slide switch around the edge of the machine. Most of them have one to turn the card off.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member Since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total Answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock