What are the test called to see if you have Ankylosing Spondylitis?

I have researched what Ankylosing Spondylitisis. Is But how do I tell my doctor what to test me for. Is there a certain test that should be ran, or would I tell her I think i have Ankylosing Spondylitisis.

Favorite Answer

Ankylosing spondylitis - Signs and symptoms

Your condition may change over time, with symptoms getting worse, improving or completely stopping at any point. Early signs and symptoms may include pain and stiffness in your lower back and hips — which is often worse in the morning, at night and after periods of inactivity. Over time, the pain and stiffness may progress up your spine and to other joints, such as those in your hips, shoulders, knees and feet.

In advanced stages, the following signs and symptoms may develop:

Restricted expansion of your chest

Chronic stooping

Stiff, inflexible spine

Fatigue

Loss of appetite

Weight loss

Eye inflammation (iritis)

Bowel inflammation

When to seek medical advice

See your doctor if you have symptoms of ankylosing spondylitis. Also contact your doctor if you're being treated for the disease and new signs and symptoms develop.

Good luck.

DS

just tell her your symptoms and that you are concerned that you might have ankylosis spondylitis. diagnosis is mostly clinical, but a spinal x-ray and genetic test may help.