HELP....when taking off my glasses my eyes get smaller!?

but when i put my glasses on, my eyes are sort of magnified...would the same thing happen if I wore contacts, as they are technically the same thing as wearing glasses? would contacts make my eyes APPEAR bigger?

Update:

ima guy, not a girl

Update 2:

ANSWER THE QUESTION....MY GOD, IS IT SOOOOOOOOOOHARD

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Maybe keep them on =] Hehe

Nah i think you should stick to one, either contacts or glasses, so which ever they are, you will get used to which ever one, and itll feel normal again =]

• 1 decade ago

Your eyes won't be magnified with contact lenses. The magnification comes from the distance between the glasses and your eyes. With contacts, that distance is zero.

If you set your glasses directly on something, you can see for yourself how the magnification changes as you move your glasses away.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

With the contacts your eyes will not appear bigger then when you have glasses on. The glass itself does the maginifcation. Your eyes won't appear any bigger then they really are.

Source(s): My sister wears contacts and ALOT of my friends do. They're eyes always look bigger with there glasses.
  • 1 decade ago

your eyes get bigger becoz ur power must be quite high,making ur glasses thick which magnifies ur eyes.wearing contacts wldn't effect the shape of ur eyes in any ways.

but wearing contacts is a cumbersome job.u hav to take extreme care,protect ur eyes frm dust etc and also not everyone can wear them.

there's another option.that is to have ur eyes's power corrected by laser treatment.than u won't hav to wear either glasses nor contact lens.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

i alternate wearing contacts and glasses...i find that wearing contacts does not make my eyes look bigger. i have to use some eyemakeup when not wearing glasses for my eyes to look bigger. if you're a guy, and your biggest concern with wearning glasses vs contacts is the appearance of small eyes then.i'd say you should stick to wearing glasses.

• 1 decade ago

Yea your eyes should be looking bigger with contacts, and also remember that when you look at the light , your pupils get bigger anyways.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

you r probably long sighted....if you wear contacts then your eyes shud luk normal

• 1 decade ago

Not if you wear clear ones.

• 1 decade ago

then keep wearing them..

• 1 decade ago

yes la.........

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.