Would yo rather...be Jarome Iginla or Nicklas Lidstrom?

Both men are respected captains for their teams. Both men are superstars in their own right. One has the guillotine that is Mike Keenan dangling above his neck, while the other has the ghost of Steve Yzerman plus rabid Detroit fans breathing down his neck. Between two outstanding players, which pressure filled existence would you like, Iginla's or Lidstrom's?

Favorite Answer

I hate the Red Wings and I think Lidstrom any time I have seen him play has been average at best so this choice is easy. I love the way Iggy plays hockey.

Bryan m: Did you fail reading and comprehension classes or did you just skip them all together? I reiterate for the one who calls others pea brained but then goes on to display his brain must be ever smaller: EVERY TIME I HAVE SEEN LIDSTROM PLAY HE HAS BEEN AVERAGE AT BEST. IN FACT. HE HAS BEEN THE GOAT WHEN SOME BIG GOALS WERE SCORED. HE HAS NOT IMPRESSED ME.

Also why assume I'm a Flames fan especially when the regulars here all know otherwise? You're new right? It shows.

Iginla has responded very well to Keenan actually and Lidstrom is 7 years older so his career is growing short unless he pulls a Chelios which I doubt. Lidstrom may only stick around for one more short contract (heard he is about to sign an extension, probably just 2 years) so Iginla seems like the logical choice. Mind you, Lidstrom has the rings.

I'd rather be Lidstrom.

1) Detroit is a championship contending team year in and year out.

2) The coach is much better here in Detroit.

3) Lidstrom doesn't have to fill Yzerman's shoes, he knows that.

4) Name some of the best defensman ever to play in the league...nick lidstrom would be there....but name some of the best forwards ever.. it would take a while to get to iginla...he is great though. (at least in my opinion.)

AND THANK YOU FOR SPELLING NICKLAS RIGHT i it when people spell it niklas...thats for kronwall...

Jarome Iginla

• Erica

Iggy. Bob's got some solid reasoning there. I'd add that I'd rather be a forward and score goals, but Lidstrom scores more goals than a lot of forwards in the NHL do. Also, I think having the chance to captain Team Canada is an amazing honor (as well as responsibility).

Source(s): PUCK - Haha, you're a Flames fan now. Can't say it's not an upgrade. :P (Note: I've been teasing you Leafers a lot, I hope you don't take it too personally. I think I'll get it enough about Sidney Crosby in return, anyway!)

I would want to be Lidstrom,

not just because i am a wings fan but he has a lot of pressure to fill Steve Yzermans shoes and i think that it will make him a great player! he will soon get the whole captin thing !

Source(s): idk

Jarome Iginla.

Part Biased,

But, theres nothing wrong with Mike Keenan!!!!! and hes a very talented player (Lidstrom is too, dont get me wrong) but Iginla is my favourite player in the NHL, so i would obviously go for him.

Puck Dat, you think Lidstrom is an average player, well why do most of the rest of the world think he's star? Obviously a flames fan with a pea brain.

Doesn't matter who a guy plays with, if he's a star then admit it.

lidstrom by far...

he has the better team around him, dont get me wrong I think that Iginla is a hell of player, but you are only as good as the team around you.

I'd rather be Iginla simply because I wouldn't want to be the guy that followed Stevie Y.