Red light on my wii?

There is a red light on my wii. It usually turn yellow. when i first got my wii and i turned it off i thought it should be red but i could get it to turn red. But now it is. Why is it red now? And why was it yellow at one point?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

My wii does the same

Green light = Console power is on

Orange/yellow = Wiiconnect24 is on

Red = Wiiconnect24 is off

Wiiconnect24 is where your wii recieves data via wifi or lan while your console is on standby.

Source(s): Wii Owner :)
  • 5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Red light on my wii?

There is a red light on my wii. It usually turn yellow. when i first got my wii and i turned it off i thought it should be red but i could get it to turn red. But now it is. Why is it red now? And why was it yellow at one point?

Source(s): red light wii: https://shortly.im/UQ3lW
  • Judith
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/aw2DT

Yellow means that it's on standby, and that your Wii is connected to the internet. So it's nothing to be worried about, in fact, it's a good thing Red = Off Yellow = Standby (Off, but still connected to the internet) Green = On To completely turn off your Wii (I don't know why you would bother) just press and hold the power button for 5 seconds.

• 1 decade ago

someone might have turned off WiiConnect24 but it could be something else. if you unplug the Wii or you blow a fuse or you have a power surge or there is an electromagnetic pulse from a nuclear explosion or SOMEHOW the supply of power is cut off from the wii and then the power turns on again the light will turn red. its kind of like a clock turns to 12:00 when you unplug it. usually if you turn it on and off it turns yellow again. if not, i'd call nintendo costumer service

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

you must have turned off standby in the options menu on your wii. Standby is when your wii is still using power, but barely any.

• 6 years ago

how do i turn on wii connect24

• 1 decade ago

The normal and setted settings is red. It is yellow becuse you put it to standby and its connected to internet.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

THe system is on standby when it is yellow and is actually turned off when it's red.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago
  • 4 years ago

Maybe that's right

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.