Red light on my wii?

There is a red light on my wii. It usually turn yellow. when i first got my wii and i turned it off i thought it should be red but i could get it to turn red. But now it is. Why is it red now? And why was it yellow at one point?

Favorite Answer

My wii does the same

Green light = Console power is on

Orange/yellow = Wiiconnect24 is on

Red = Wiiconnect24 is off

Wiiconnect24 is where your wii recieves data via wifi or lan while your console is on standby.

Source(s): Wii Owner :)

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Red light on my wii?

Source(s): red light wii: https://shortly.im/UQ3lW
  • Judith

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/aw2DT

Yellow means that it's on standby, and that your Wii is connected to the internet. So it's nothing to be worried about, in fact, it's a good thing Red = Off Yellow = Standby (Off, but still connected to the internet) Green = On To completely turn off your Wii (I don't know why you would bother) just press and hold the power button for 5 seconds.

someone might have turned off WiiConnect24 but it could be something else. if you unplug the Wii or you blow a fuse or you have a power surge or there is an electromagnetic pulse from a nuclear explosion or SOMEHOW the supply of power is cut off from the wii and then the power turns on again the light will turn red. its kind of like a clock turns to 12:00 when you unplug it. usually if you turn it on and off it turns yellow again. if not, i'd call nintendo costumer service

you must have turned off standby in the options menu on your wii. Standby is when your wii is still using power, but barely any.

how do i turn on wii connect24

The normal and setted settings is red. It is yellow becuse you put it to standby and its connected to internet.

THe system is on standby when it is yellow and is actually turned off when it's red.

Maybe that's right