Can a vegetarian that doesn't eat animals because they don't like the thought of causing the animals pain,

eat animals that don't "feel" pain. Animals such as clams, oysters and scallops can NOT feel pain. In order to feel pain an animal has to have a brain to process the sensation. If they don't have a brain they can't "feel" pain. Clams, oysters and scallops don't have... show more eat animals that don't "feel" pain.

Animals such as clams, oysters and scallops can NOT feel pain. In order to feel pain an animal has to have a brain to process the sensation. If they don't have a brain they can't "feel" pain. Clams, oysters and scallops don't have brains.

So, if a vegetarian who doesn't eat animals because they don't wish to cause them pain won't eat these bivalves, what would the reason be?
Update: austin--C'mon. Tell us how you really feel! LOL
Update 2: queen---I understand what you're saying and respect it, but you're answering the question using your reason to not eat meat and not the one I provided. I'm asking the veges that don't eat meat because of the causing pain issue.
Update 3: basket---see queen's additional details

I'm sorry you don't like the question. Complaint noted.
Update 4: Tirsa-Bye.
Update 5: wine---we're gonna need something that's available on a more regular basis....LOL
Update 6: twilight--I respect your answer but again I'm not talking about vegers who don't eat meat because they don't want the animals killed, I'm asking about the ones who don't eat meat because they don't want to cause the animals pain...there's a difference.
Update 7: catkin-----good answer. Science has proven that the bivalves don't feel pain. They react to "pain" in the same way that science has proven plants do. It's chemical.
Update 8: J.R.--Go to shell LOL that's a good one. Fish have brains. Do vegers who think fish don't feel pain have brains?
Update 9: Laredo---it's back to school for you.

Those are ALL animals. They are invertebrates, but they are animals nonetheless. Crustaceans (along with insects and spiders) are in the arthropoda phylum. Bivalves are mollusca phylum.
Update 10: Jess---you did not answer the question asked.
Update 11: sweetpea--"So if you put a person under anesthesia, you could kill and eat that person because it wouldn't cause him/her any pain?"----bizarre analogy.
Update 12: jenny----thanks for your answer but the question was aimed at VEGETARIANS who don't eat meat because they don't want to cause the animal pain. That's not you is it?
Update 13: jenny---I'm used to being attacked...LOL....a lot of these folks are quite familiar with "me".
Update 14: I can only shake my head is disappointment at the lack of comprehension exhibited to my question. I'm asking a question to vegetarians who don't eat meat because they don't want to cause the animals pain. Why are people who are vegetarians for other reasons answering the question? I guess they have a... show more I can only shake my head is disappointment at the lack of comprehension exhibited to my question. I'm asking a question to vegetarians who don't eat meat because they don't want to cause the animals pain. Why are people who are vegetarians for other reasons answering the question? I guess they have a right to but it not helping answer my question.
Update 15: sandstorm---people don't eat people. Would you mind answering the question?
Update 16: drusilla--"the fact that bivalves have some sensory system, though primitive, would probably be enough to convince them to avoid bivalves,"---while the details are different, bivalve's response to "pain" is very similar to plant's response to "pain".
Update 17: prodigy--"A vegetarian is someone who does not eat any animals/animal by products"---are milk and eggs considered "products" and not "by products"?
Update 18: tweety---plants react the same way, they move away as best they can but are fixed at the base in most cases. Bivalves and plants react the same. So the pain reaction argument is moot.
Update 19: prodigy-----you are a hypocrite of a different sort, you expect me to be moved intellectually by your responses while you ignore my message and condescend me in the process. Very typical vegan elitism. Maybe when you aren't so full of yourself you will realize that I'm here to learn and then maybe your... show more prodigy-----you are a hypocrite of a different sort, you expect me to be moved intellectually by your responses while you ignore my message and condescend me in the process. Very typical vegan elitism. Maybe when you aren't so full of yourself you will realize that I'm here to learn and then maybe your knee-jerk defense mechanism can take a question off.

"Next time I will make it easier for you to comprehend"

Case in point. Condescending.

If you wish to be talked down to on a regular basis it's not difficult to achieve. I asked you an honest question because your wording didn't fit what I consider common knowledge.

If you don't like my questions NEVER answer them. If they're going to be misplaced condescension, they won't be missed anyways.