Why Do People Lie About Such Little, Stupid Things?

:-(

• Pat K
    Best Answer

I think it relates to our beliefs or rationalizations about lying. We see "little white lies" as OK lies because they are the better of two evils, one being telling a lie, and the other being upsetting or hurting someone or getting into trouble.

We all lie sometimes, perhaps without even realizing it. E.g., if a friend asks you "So how do you like my boyfriend?" are you going to say, "I think he's a complete jerk. I can't stand him." I don't think so. Most people might lie and say something innocuous like, "He seems like an interesting guy." And to me, that seems better than alienating a friend.

There are other reasons for little lies too, I suppose, like trying to make a "good impression," saving money on your taxes, trying to fit in with the crowd, etc.

There is no such thing as a Little Lie

It either is a Lie

Or Not

Only 1 size a Lie

Because sometimes the risk of lying is greater than the reward of telling the truth. In other words, there's more adversity that comes from being truthful sometimes.

because it's a little thing they think it's ok to alter the truth a little...but it's not, lying is a horrible thing to do...& it's hard to gain trust back once you've lost it.

Because as PD Ouspensky so eloquently put it, if man were to be honest, and reclassify his own species, he would name it "Homo Sapiens, Lying Animal"...

No other species lies as compulsively. Not even my smart-@ss dogs...

Source(s): Maybe we're just smarter than we look? Yeah, that's why we do it...we're sly little foxes!

becuz they cant lie about big things i guess......some people lie when the truth would sound much better

I think it's that they enjoy lying. I have never understood it. In the end they always get caught

i have no idea..

once this idiot girl lied to me about what school she went to..

meanwhile she went to my school !!

& i've seen her around campus before..

it's like what the hell is wrong with you to have to lie about something that small..

It's better then the big things if you ask me.

because people are selfish, and they want to suit others beliefs arround their needs.