Is it "child abuse" to dress up a 2 year old boy in a princess costume for a Halloween party?

Apparently, according to someone who I never thought would be so uppity about "gender issues", it would literally be "child abuse" to dress a little boy in a princess costume for a Halloween party. See, this 2 year old boy is friends with a 5 year old girl who is also going to be a princess... show more Apparently, according to someone who I never thought would be so uppity about "gender issues", it would literally be "child abuse" to dress a little boy in a princess costume for a Halloween party.

See, this 2 year old boy is friends with a 5 year old girl who is also going to be a princess for the party, so it might be cute and of course a bit funny to also dress him up as a princess so that they could be princesses together.

Would THAT be "abusive" to the child? I mean, it's Halloween... it's a COSTUME, for goodness sakes.
Update: trashelle, REALLY? You think this boy would struggle with "issues" in later life if, when he was two, he wore a princess costume for Halloween? WHY? Why do you think that?