Scion TC TRD Exhaust question.?

i've heard that TRD Exhaust that comes in TC package is trash...only noice and no power...

i was just thinking about getting it just for the hell of it...

should i get it

or is it better to save 400-500 and get some other Exhaust and installing it

and most importantly if i get a decent Exhaust and install it at a shop will the price be more cheaper?

of the price difference isnt the TRD better?

• Kyle M
    Favorite Answer

the TRD exhaust is just on the conservative side. No exhaust is going to net you more than 5 hp on a tC. Its not horribly loud and annoying like lotsa cheap aftermarket exhausts. If you wanted that much power though, chances are you wouldnt be driving a tC. Its a freakin camry motor.

getting another exhaust and getting it installed (or doing it yourself, its a wicked easy job), would most likely be cheaper

Source(s): porsche club of america member and racer, mechanical engineer.

Scion Tc Exhaust

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Scion TC TRD Exhaust question.?

should i get it

and most importantly if i get a...

Source(s): scion tc trd exhaust question: https://tr.im/rLu3v
  • brumby

Trd Exhaust

I own a 2007 Scion tC and let me tell you will feel increased power once yo change the exhaust. My magnaflow exhaust only adds 6hp but I felt a little more push once I installed it. The TRD exhaust actually sounds good but $450 + installation for only 2hp isn't worth it. For the tC, I hear HKS is the best bargain as it adds 15hp for less than $450. And for a more expensive taste, the Borla catback just sounds immaculate and Greddy SP2 and Evo2 axlebacks sounds agressive (both will run you like $500-$600 but well worth it). You best bet is to shop around and find the best prices. Start at eBay stores, they usually have prices way below retail price. Good luck!!!

Yes, you would be better to get an aftermarket exhaust and install it yourself. You can get a good exhaust for$400-500 for your tc. I run an HKS Hi-power on my tc. It runs around $375.00 shipped. Its VERY easy to install, unbolt the old one and the new one fits right in place. takes about 30 minutes. You'll get better lows and more power from this exhaust than the TRD.

Source(s): scion tuner

The Dealer installed price is cheaper. If you do not get cold air induction then any exhaust on TC will give little power as you need more air to go with low restriction exhaust

• Lisa

It would sound exactly the same. The only difference is you couldn't red line first gear as easily to make it sound louder. And it would be very obvious that it is automatic when it shifts.(personally i can tell if a car is auto or manual with stock exhaust) Other than that when going up through each gear it would sound the same. If you want a performance increase go with an air intake or headers.