Christians: In the eyes of god, are agnostics just as bad and sinful as atheists?

I know you can't speak for god, but does the Bible say anything about, "Thou who shall be undecided has commited an abomination, and will surely burn in the lake of fire for eternity"?

Are agnostics, who claim to not know whether god exists or not, just as bad as atheists, who don't believe in god at all? Or are they all the same in your eyes (i.e. you're either a Christian, or you're against god. There are no in-betweens)?

Best Answer

# Revelation 3:16

So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth.

Just because someone is an atheist doesn't mean they are a bad person. I'm athest and I have common sense to know what is right and wrong and I have integrity. I pretty much agree with all of the commandments except that I don't believe in god. I am not bad or sinful, I'm a good person.

Speaking for myself, my biggest regrets aren't about any particular thing I did while I was an agnostic. My biggest regret is that I ever doubted God.

I don't look at it as the person being bad, I look at it as making a choice that means missing out on the most incredible relationship one can ever have.

• Jen

I know for one that we are all sinners Christians, atheists, and agnostics.

It does say in Rev. 3:15-16 " I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm-neither hot nor cold-I am about to spit you out of my mouth."

No, agnostics are not as bad as atheist, although they both suffer the same fate - they both do not believe or have FAITH in God. Remember the Bible in Ephesians says we are saved by grace through faith - NO FAITH - NO SALVATION.

All people are sinful. There is no sin greater than any other

"For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it."

James 2:10

The only way to go to heaven is to repent of your sins and trust the Savior.

The truth of it is, we're all equal in our sin. We've all fallen short of the glory of God. The only difference is that those that accept the Christ's sacrifice and accept Jesus as their savior have had their sins "washed by the blood of the lamb" and are allowed into heaven .

There are no in-betweens.

To be saved, you must believe that Jesus, who is God, died for our sins on the cross and rose again.

A token "God exists but we can't know Him" statement leads to eternal hell. God has revealed Himself clearly in the Bible.

It's not about being bad or good, since no one is good, but about acknowledging you need a Savior. Praise the LORD.

ALL have sinned and fall short of the Glory of God. The ONLY way is Jesus.

There are not "degrees of goodness or badness". It's a pass/fail test, and EVERYBODY is offered the answer key before they die. Use it..... before you die.

You know I don't think the good Lord sections us off into different catergories - he can't make you love him even though we are all his children. I think he just waits for us to return to him - that's all he wants.

best wishes

Star