Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

How much weight can I lose in 7 months, eating the following and doing CV work at the gym.?

By healthy eating and exercise.

For example for my tea i just had:-

Turkey Steak, cooked on George Forman.

Very Small Jacket Potato, with a tablespoon of low fat coleslaw

with a salad and a boiled egg.

Weightwatchers yogurt.

I will have something similar for my dinner tomorrow. Small bowl of Musli with skimmed milk for breakfast, small jacket pot for lunch with something low fat in it. Bananas and clementines for snacks.

Today in the gym i did about 50 minutes CV work, i am building this up and aim to do about an hour and a half 3 or 4 times a week, plus i am going to start swimming too in the mornings before work, once or twice a week.

I am 23 years old and currently weigh 15 stone, at 5ft 5 this has me as a size 18, all i want is to be a size 12 when i go on holiday next May. Do you think this is attainable?

Am i eating too much, or do you think this is about right?

Any tips nd suggestions are sooo welcome.

Thank you all for your help xxxx

Hi,

I'm not gonna eat this every day, it's just an idea of what sort of meals i will be eating.

Thanks

xxx

Favorite Answer

when I was doing weightwatchers, I lost 3 and half stone in 2 years. An average of 2lbs a week overall.

For the first few weeks you can lose 3 or 4 lbs, but after that you will get down to roughly 2lbs a week on average.

I lost 4st in about a year, my GP put me on some tablets called ruductill (there to help you feel fuller sooner there not a food surpressant) I also cut out a lot of bad fat from my meals, and i joined a gym.

I went to the gym 3-4 times a week for an hour a day (i say went because sadly i cant go at the moment due to whiplash after a bus hit the back of my car two months ago so now have put on a stone due to over eating as i am not in work either).....

You need to excersise and cut out bad fat, BUT dont starve yourself cause your body will just store the fat it does take in which is not good.

To me it does not sound like your eating enough ask you GP or nurse for help.

Your doing great with the gym but remember you need to make sure you dont over do it.

Good luck and keep focused you can do it if you really want it bad enough.

I was in the same situation as you. I was going on holiday and I was a size 16-18 wanting to be a size 12. I began weight watchers in the November and it was a slow process of 1/2-1 pound a week. By the end of January I had lost a stone. I decided then to join a gym and to change my diet. I switched to the GI diet. (Rosemary Connelly is best version) and I joined a gym. I decided to have a programme done and to my horror I was given weights and 20-30 mins cardio. I thought that this would make me put weight on but the weight fell off me. I did this 3 times a week and after 6 weeks introduced body pump 1-2 times a week. This had amazing results. By May I was a size 12. I swear by the GI diet!

i think that as long as you drink plenty of fluids and keep the cardio and if you add a little walking this is a very achievable goal. remember that as long as you burn more calories than what you eat you wont be gaining weight and in terms of energy you could take some multivitamins every morning and never over eat even the low fat foods. you can also do specific exercises for the area you need the most. :D i hope you do keep up cause it sound that in May you will be one sexy lady! :D I think that you can loose 2 pounds a week so multiply that!!!

I was doing a similar diet (keeping in mind, to have everything low fat, no sugar, and low carbs too) and an hour of exercise 5 days a week and lost 3 pounds a week!!!

Hi,

I wouldn't focus on the weight at the moment, it is better to focus on dropping dress sizes, the reason I say this is because are bodies are made up of 70% water, so if you want to lose loads of weight you could just dehydrate yourself by not drinking water and fluids, but this is not what you want because 1 it is not healthy and 2 soon as you drink water all the weight comes back what you want is to lose weight from body fat. find below some tips to help you on your way.

Tip 1

Do your aerobics first thing in the morning on a empty stomach, this forces the body to use fat and muscle mass for fuel. When you have carbohydrates in your body, your body prefers to use it because it's easier. This tip alone will bring you down in dress size.

Tip 2.

Follow a Low G.I diet, invest in a low gi diet book, this will show you all the best foods to pick for weight loss, and the foods are not bland either.

Tip 3.

Start weight training. Many women avoid using weight because they think they will look like Arnie, but honestly this is not possible, Testosterone is the key ingredient to build huge muscle, which is why men who already have 30 times more testosterone than women, still have to take steroids to increase their testosterone to build really huge muscles. Weight training combined with aerobics is the fastest way to burn fat and achieve a slimmer body.

good luck and I hope you find this helpful

P.S I am a certified Personal Trainer, so if you would like more advice you can recieve my free newsletter and free ebooks at http://www.sculptrexfitness.co.uk

The exercise part is attainable, but I doubt you'll be able to eat the same thing every day for seven months. That takes A LOT OF DISCIPLINE.

Just cut out junk food and sodas. Give yourself one free day a week where you can eat what you want, and go with your CV plan.

You could lose somewhere between 30 and 50 pounds, depending on how hard you work and how dedicated and disciplined you are.

• Adia

The way not to do it is starve yourself, to start with. Just exercise and eat right. I did....lost 90 LBS because of it. Starving yourself won't help at all. Drink more water, eat less before bed, and don't eat for stress are the 3 things I follow and i'm going pretty well if i don't say myself. 90 LBS isn't anything like 5-10lbs so take my advice. If you want anymore details, feel free to email me. Just please be patient for ppl seem to email me for advice on this, I will reply, don't worry! ~Adia

PS: I was 15-17yrs old 230ish lbs size 22 pants...

Source(s): I LOST 90 LBS *~*~*~*~*~

I lost 25 pounds in 6 months

My field is in fashion, as a result many people ask me how they can slim down. My answer is always the same: good diet and exercise. But I found this great product which I think helps a lot in the process. I recommend you check this website

http://www.easy-diet-fun-now.us , they have a free trial and you only pay $6.95 shipping and handling. Good luck!

Thats kind of a lot, why dont you just have the steak with a side of veggies ans a small salad with low fat dressing