Where does Dream Theater hail from? New York City of Boston?

Can someone explain it to me?

But, the men formed the band in Boston if I am correct. The wiki states they formed in Boston.

• Rckets
    Favorite Answer

Long Island, NY.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dream_Theater

This is the part that clinches it in my mind.

Dream Theater was formed in 1985 under the name "Majesty" by Petrucci, Myung, and Portnoy, while they were attending the Berklee College of Music in Boston, before dropping out to help support the band.

Before they went by the official name of Dream Theater, they went by Majesty which did start in Boston. So, I'm still staying with NYC.

Am I incorrect in seeing that lovnrckt's post includes a link that notes that the band formed originally (under a different name) in Boston? Why did he put them in Long Island - besides the fact that's where they are now. Do people read things or just glance at them?

I would say originally, the band formed in Boston. That's were they met and intitially collaborated, which sounds like them becoming a band to me...

I think they come from Long Island, NY

edit

no wait... now I'm just confused

I always thought they were from Long Island, but they formed in college.... but they went to college in Boston..... so i'm confused now... let me ask my DT obsessed friend