Tina
Tina asked in SportsAuto RacingNASCAR · 1 decade ago

Why did Carl Edwards not get mad at Tony Stewart at Martinsville when stalled behind Tony?

Do you think Carl Edwards would treat Tony Stewart or Kevin Harvick the same way he treated Matt Kenseth? Who would intimidate who of the three?

I remember when Kevin was hot tempered himself. Is it a matter of time before it all breaks loose?

But that is 2 heat of the moments for Carl. I remember him getting chummy with Dale Jr also a few races back. So it is beginning to look like more than just a racing deal.

Favorite Answer

I like Carl he's one of my top 5 favorites. But this wasn't just a heat of the moment thing.

#1 The little spat they had (and believed to have worked out) happened with over 2 hours of the race to go. Plenty of time for Carl to put things in perspective.

#2 It's not like they had just climbed out of their cars and went at it like Jeff and Matt did. They each took the time to clean up and change after the race, even if they were descendants of Houdini it had to have taken them each at least 15-20 minutes before Matt was before the camera and Carl found at where he was at. Come on it doesn't take a genius to figure this out.

And to answer your question, no I don't think Carl would challenge Stewart. Harvick maybe.

Source(s): Go 88 in 08!!!

I agree about him trying to be like Eddie Haskell or goody 2 shoes. He always has the opie taylor smile but is apparently a loose cannon. He's a phony. Even cousin Schrader said he was out of line last week. When you go over 100 with 43 cars on a track accidents happen. Get it Carl. You've caused your share.

Because Tony is not 5'9 a buck 50 wearing boots with rocks in his pockets like Matt. Tony is 5'9 170 and may put up a decent fight. Real easy to pick on the lil' kid in class but harder to pick on someone closer to your size! Harvick is a hot head. I wish he got to Ricky Rudd, RR would have beat the snot out of him.

If you like boxing the Tale of the tape is 6'1" 185 for Edwards, 5'9" 170 for Smoke and, 5'10" 175 for Harvick. Edwards is gigantic for a Race Car driver.

Carl Edwards wasn't stalled behind Tony. Tony was stalled in front of Carl. And i'm sure he was mad, but what was he going to do? Get out of his car on the track?

I think Carl would get his butt kicked by either/or both of them. (and maybe he needs it). I don't think Harvick will let loose on anybody, I think he's learned better of that. Stewart is a different story. He doesn't have as much control.

Go Jr.>>>>

No, think about it which one of those three would you go after? Smoke and Happy have a reputation as hot heads and are not afraid to mix it up. Kenseth got shoved by Jeff Gordon of all people. Simple logic there.

Tony called Carl "The Eddie Haskell of NASCAR "earlier in the season. I'm beginning to agree with him. For the younger folks he was a kid in leave it to beaver.

• ?

Edwards of late has 2 distinct personalities, He's not gonna mess with someone he thinks would fight back, he wanted to look like a big guy, well sorry I wish someone out there would kick his butt, he is a disgrace...Happy would beat him sensless, smoke would incinerate him

personally i think Carl needs to get L A I D, either that or get a script for Valium. Him and Tony would be a great match but i think Tony would win just because i think he has that "crazy" element, and very unpredictable.

It was just the heat of the moment. If your never driven a race car, it's hard to understand.