Wireless USB Adapter Problem..?

Hiya,

I have a SafeCom wireless USB adapter to connect to the internet, but I have a problem...

I installed the drivers and software called ZDWlan, but I have to have the USB stick out of my PC when it boots up to be recognized and when it does connect, it disconnects after like 2 minutes! It isn't a hardware problem, it's just since I formatted my PC.

I would really appreciate any advice,

Thank you for your time,

John

Favorite Answer

Upgrade the USB hub drivers. By this I am referring to your USB ports, getting a better driver there may solve your problem. Good Luck!

Have you re-entered all the correct codes so that it will connect to your modem?

You need a WEP code (16 bit encryption)for the connection and there should also be a code name for the box itself (a name that you gave the modem box - Charlie, Bill, my modem, etc, probably 8 digits/letters combo).

Also make sure that once you have done this you still have it set to auto find for the IP address.

Other solution is check the website of the USB for a manual.

If you installed the drivers before you reformatted your system, I would suggest reinstalling the drivers for your device.

I would also download the drivers from the manufacturers website. Also, make sure the drivers are for your operating system.

Hope this helps.

Paul

PS

If you need any further help, please feel free to e-mail me.

Source(s): Experience

When you format your PC it is going to wipe any previous info, so you might need to install new drivers.

check if you have any other connections while you are connecting ur USB adaptor. if u havent there is a problem wiv ur USB