Is Australian billionaire broadcaster Rupert Murdoch Jewish or Gentile?

The sources I have checked supports that idea that neither his mother or father were Jewish. The only support for this idea seems to be only on anti-jewish web sites.

Favorite Answer

Firstly, I would like to address Mark S's comments.

Rupert (actually Keith Rupert) Murdochs father was Keith Murdoch (died 1952), his mother Elisabeth Joy (nee Greene) and yes her mother, Marie Grace de Lancey Forth was born from a jewish mother.

Ruperts paternal grandfather, Patrick John, was the REV., the maternal grandmother was Marie Grace de Lancey Forth, who was born in Warnambool VIC (Australia), HER mother Caroline Jemima (nee Sherson) was born to a jewish family, hence by "jewish law", making Rupert jewish.

Also for the record, it was not unheard of "way back then" for Protestants or Catholics to marry jews and I know this as my grandparents are prime example. My grandfather, born Ireland, 1895 to a prominent

protestant family, married a jewish woman, making my father and all his siblings jews.

The jewish ancestry comes purely from the MATERNAL line and has squat to do with the paternal.

It should also be noted that many jewish familys settled in Australia post 1788.

To the initial poster. Here is a starting point got you to check on Ruperts heritage. I hope it helps you in your quest.(link below)

PS. Frankly, I don't understand what the big deal IS about him being "technically" a jew.

Why does everyone care so much anyway? *shrug*

• MATAIUS4 years agoReport

I know what you mean, it shouldn't really matter in an ideal world. But it's not an ideal world and Murdoch is a Zionist and has an unhealthy amount of control over the media.
      The more neutral (on Israel) Bernie Sanders has been blanked out of the media and consequently will now not win.

• homme

Rupert Murdoch Biography

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): australian billionaire broadcaster rupert murdoch jewish gentile: https://shortly.im/KKb9Q

If you do a little research you ll find that Rupert Murdoch s father was Keith Murdoch a newspaper reporter, and his mother was Elisabeth Joy Greene the daughter of a wealthy Orthodox Jewish family. Allegedly, the Australian-born Zionist never offers that information in his biographies.

• Nancy

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/axLDb

The USA is a funny country, you have many different countries vying for control of it. At the moment I think the Israelis control it. In about another 5 years the Chinese will control it. The only people who I know have absolutely no control are the American people themselves. poor bastards have to watch foreigners run their country into the ground.

Marks S JPAA's comment/dismisal is baseless and highly unhelpful !

David Parker and Mike Hopkins posted the same question. You should see the answers side by side.

Well, let's see... his father was Rev Patrick John Murdoch, so *he* wasn't Jewish; and his mother was Elisabeth Joy Greene whose parents were an Irish Protestant father and an upper-class English mother (Marie Grace de Lancey Forth). I don't think it's likely that her Irish Protestant father married a Jewish woman anyway, let alone her last name was de Lancey Forth, so *she* isn't Jewish either.

So, neither parent, especially mother, was Jewish. End of story.