Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenDo It Yourself (DIY) · 1 decade ago

How Do You Dry A Leaf?

I found some really beautiful leaves outside my home on the ground and I remeber bits in pieces in school how they taught us how to dry a leaf but I don't remember and I want to dry them and put them in a picture frame!

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

If they are wet then dry them off with a napkin then stick them in a thick/heavy book for about 2 weeks. Then they will be dry & flat & ready for you to put them in a picture frame! I hope this helps! Good Luck :)

• booboo
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Take an old phone book and place them in there, put heavy books on top of them and leave them there for a couple of weeks. When you come back to check them, they should be nice and flat. Be sure the leaves are dry when you put them in the book or else they will mold.

You can also place them in paper towel, put something heavy and flat on them and microwave for a couple of minutes. This will speed up the drying time. You can try on a practice leaf to be sure you are using the right things and have the right amount of time down.

For framing, you can sandwich them between two pieces of glass. That would make for a pretty effect. Have fun and best of luck!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

*the way i do it is i would put in like books and leave it there for like a month or a couple of weeks and they are very delcate when you take them out so be careful!!* :-)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.