Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenDo It Yourself (DIY) · 1 decade ago

How Do You Dry A Leaf?

I found some really beautiful leaves outside my home on the ground and I remeber bits in pieces in school how they taught us how to dry a leaf but I don't remember and I want to dry them and put them in a picture frame!

Favorite Answer

If they are wet then dry them off with a napkin then stick them in a thick/heavy book for about 2 weeks. Then they will be dry & flat & ready for you to put them in a picture frame! I hope this helps! Good Luck :)

• booboo

Take an old phone book and place them in there, put heavy books on top of them and leave them there for a couple of weeks. When you come back to check them, they should be nice and flat. Be sure the leaves are dry when you put them in the book or else they will mold.

You can also place them in paper towel, put something heavy and flat on them and microwave for a couple of minutes. This will speed up the drying time. You can try on a practice leaf to be sure you are using the right things and have the right amount of time down.

For framing, you can sandwich them between two pieces of glass. That would make for a pretty effect. Have fun and best of luck!

*the way i do it is i would put in like books and leave it there for like a month or a couple of weeks and they are very delcate when you take them out so be careful!!* :-)