In Thelema, what does this mean, "Love is the Law, Love under Will."?

Favorite Answer

Love = Unity

you cannot force anyone to do anything they do not want to do

love and do as ye will, in accordance with your true will

love everything...be it hate, sadness, happiness, loneliness, togetherness, love itself, EVERYTHING

• ep6 years agoReport

I'm glad you like cinnamongirls answer(s) so much but the answer is pretty inaccurate.you asked what it ment in thelema/thelemic doctrine, not what sounds good to you

You all tried so diligently in answering this question and I must commend on some really good answers.Still you ALL missed the mark!

This is a very tricky question and only the Most Advanced Adept would be able to answer correctly.

"Love under will" originates from a very old Gnostic Teaching about sex and the orgasm. And those of you who know anything about his truly A. Crowley and his work knows that it all pivoted around Sex Magick!

Love under will means controlled Intercourse and No Orgasm !! Now to help you understand the Gnosis I will provide a video if all goes well. Keep your Hearts and Your Minds OPEN! And YOUR LIGHT Will Find You.

always B' Shalom

(()\ t.he O.ne E.ternal W.atcher /(-))

Djin, Lamad: MlkiTzdq RG

P.S. O, to understand a little better of who I am. Check out the Hebrew letter Lamed and the Hebrew word Lamad. And yes I am a Realized Soul. I know my past Incarnations and by the way thanks for the Crowley comments

Remember,   Light, Life and Love are “LAW !” Yes, Love is a Law, a Law that will Liberate ! And We must always “LOVE under WILL ”!!

Qabalah ! ה'אור מ'נצאח ל' ה'עלם " the Light of Eternity, to the End "!

For the video follow this link to Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USE7NoXXjaU

Youtube thumbnail

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): thelema quot love law love quot: https://biturl.im/QdG2L
  • nancey

Love Under Will

Oh boy, old school Crowley. I used to love reading that old joker!

Anyway, it means one should first do what one wills (what one's will dictates) with love as it's foundation.

It is easier to understand with the full quote that also includes the last line:

" Love and compassion must be the Foundation of Will."

In short, the world's evils come from people not following their love and hence their will, but rather following orders, influence, and doctrine. If each person was to follow their own will, then there would be a better society.

Eg. take Hitler. One could argue that he was following his 'will' as the master of his destiny.

The argument is that although Hitler was doing his 'will', the German people were not doing theirs, they were merely following the Nazis. They were the real 'sinners' because they betrayed themselves (and the jews, gays etc) by following.

Crowley was a wise, crazy, profound mess of a men.

I'm sure he would have agreed in retrospect...

• If love and compassion are the foundation to one s Will, then your statement about Hitler doing his True Will is incorrect. How can you kill a man with compassion in your heart?

It's one of their mysteries.

Basically, from my understanding, it's the idea that love is the most powerful force in the universe, and that by gaining self-control you can find your true purpose in life. It's a form of self-actualization, since Thelema teaches that we all have a specific purpose, and we'll be happy if we find and follow our purpose.

Although that is NOT what it says, you could look at it like it means that Love is the foundation and will is built upon Love. So if you were to say to me: God's Love under God's Will, I may accept that, but it reeks of something. I'd say God's Will over God's Love, but even that positive idea is lacking Harmony. I'd say: God's Will is God's Love and God's Love is God's Will. Trying to avoid religion here and stay Spiritual, but if Jesus is Love, how could anything be Above Him? No, nothing could. The bottom line is that the "under" concept is DARK. Love gets the Crown of the King. Will gets zip, zilch, zero.

perhaps you should first explain just what this Thelema thingy is.

well since law is what you have to do no matter what and since thats what under will means,

idk.

maybe its like love is meant for live,

and you have to love to live.?