Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsCycling · 1 decade ago

What is a good fold up bike to buy?

Sadly my last bike was trashed by vandals and I have an insurance payout of £180 coming through.

I want to get a fold up bike that I can actually take into work and not have to leave locked outside.

What would you reccommend in terms of models?

• Jay P
    Favorite Answer

A company called Bike Friday makes some nice folding bikes. So does a group called Dahon. I'll warn you that good folding bikes are not cheap. They are generally built to higher end specs and will likely cost 4 digits.

My Son has a folding bike. He has used it for just over a year and he payed about £250 for it new. He is now selling it for £130 ono. He required the bike to travel from Glasgow to Edinburgh on the bus with a cycle ride at each end. He lives in Glasgow Scotland, therefore, if you live near there and are interested just answer.

Like each little thing else, you get what you pay for. There are some inexpensive, heavy, rubbish ones, and a few gentle-weight ones with smart folding structures, folding pedals and various gears, some comprise bags to be folded into and a few don,t.

• Tony F

Get an old Raleigh twenty, nobody will look twice at it, alternatively there are some decent ones for around £90. See the link

I have a KHS folding bike, paid around 250 bucks (US)

works just fine for me