Still waiting for that bank wire transfer from france. The rep. went on vacation and the transfer wasn't done

What kind of a bank shuts their wire transfer department down when one person goes on vacation for a month. All I have been hearing for 5 weeks are excuses. This has put me in a bad financial position and I want to know how I can hold BNP Paribas bank accountable. This is an unacceptable way for a major bank to do business. Any input or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Favorite Answer

For all the idiots that answered before me they are dumb. BNP Paribas is the Bank that is the largest market bank in countires that use the the EURO and they are the bank that backs Bank of the West which is a quickly expanding American Bank that has absorbed several US regional banks.

As for your wire transfer I would have thought you could resolve this with a call to their customer service. I assume you have tried this. There should be some kind of trades commission or oversight committee that oversees banks that you might get a hold of. The problem really comes down to what are the laws/common business practices where you are dealing with them. I would look into a local commission that can look into this. Otherwise if you are really looking for reimbursement for your troubles and would like to go to the extreme legal route you could look into someone who specializes in financial/business law.

Why did you delete your previous posts? You need to complain to the head of the Bank. This is a very large bank in Paris- probably the largest. There has to be someone else in charge for doing transfers. Regardless of how much it costs you, you need to find answers. As I have said before, get your bank invoved and have them call on your behalf. Go to your branch, explain the situation to them. They can afford a long distance phone call to Paris considering the amount of money involved.

Source(s): Wire Transfer Specialist- 14 years
  • NONAME

i think you got scammed. Report to the police and consumer reports, and whoever else you can think of, maybe the fbi since its a federal crime

maybe theyre not a real bank?

Sounds alot like FRAUD to me.