Women ONLY, Please answer this question about bare minerals make-up?

I REALLY want to go to the gym but I have very oily skin and acne, I was thinking about buying bare minerals b/cus it's all "natural". do u think that it would clog my pores when i'm working out? Does any 1 use this ? Thanx and GOD BLESS.

I also have red acne scaring thats y i want 2 cover it . i'm very ashamed:(

Favorite Answer

bare minerals is the absolute best make-up i've found in over 28 years. i won't clog your pores, i wear it in heat & humidity through 12 hour shifts, and it works well for my skin. i also recommend "prime time" primer by barevitamins to absorb excess oil, it is formulated to work with bare minerals. try bare minerals out for yourself at any sephora, ulta, macy's, or nordstrom store, to see, how you like it, before spending any money./// to clear up misinformation about bismuth oxychloride : it is also known as the mineral bismoclite (BiOCl), molecular weight 260.43g. it occurs naturally around the world near granite pegmatites (australia, brazil, bolivia, chile, germany, italy, greece, japan, russia, norway, uk, usa). the particle size used in bare minerals is 10 microns & up, and it can therefore not be absorbed into the skin. bare escentuals doesn't contain hazardous materials, they are compliant with EU Directive 76/768/EEC.

Source(s): 6 year user

You should definately buy bare minerals, you won't regret it! I use it all the time and love it!! It doesn't clog up your pores so you don't have to worry. I have oily skin too and the other brands made me break out, but bare minerals doesn't. By the way, I wouldn't use make-up to go to the gym =)

Bare Minerals is a good makeup to use to cover scars and blemishes, but I wouldn't wear it to the gym because it will clog your pores from the sweat. Just use a concealer on certain blemishes you want to hide and you should be fine.

RE: Bare minerals vs. bee-luscious vs. everyday mineral?? After going around yahoo answers, and looking for some of the best mineral products out there, I found bare minerals, bee-luscious, and everyday minerals as the three top popular answers. I just want to give you an overall review of these 3 beauty products for those who have not tried them...

Oh my god, I just sent a kit to my mother since I use it and LOVE IT, and now my mother does to. it won't clog your pores. It is great if you have oily skin. There is also a loction for oil control that comes in the starter kit. Get it from sephoura not bare minerals .com. sephoura is better and cheaper. trust me. I know what I am talking about. I have spent a fortine trying out all kinds of make-up. Nothing beats this, I promise. You'll love it and so will your skin.

I too have very oily skin and have used Bare Minerals. It works well, but my skin is still oily when I use it and it does make my skin itch sometimes. It doesn't turn orangey like some foundations do when you sweat or your oily skin starts to ooze. Personally, I don't like to wear make-up when working out. I just end up with a oily, greasy mess.

yahh!

my sister and i both use it and we take karate with it on and it never clogs our pores.

its makeup you really CAN sleep in.

the bismuth whatever whatever IS in there, but it depends on your skin.

not everyone has an allergic reaction.

ive used it for two years and i'm still in love with it.

it doesn't make you break out, it won't clog your pores, it looks natural, and you look great when you're done applying it.

i suggest you buy the starting kit. its not that expensive when you think about how much each individual item costs.

its amazing!

i wouldn't use any other brand.

Mineral makeup is best, it's very natural and had awesome wear-ability (for all skin types, even through moisture), but please not bare minerals! There products contain bismuth which is NOT a mineral! It resembles arsenic!!! I used this makeup not knowing this fact and it caused me a very bad allergic reaction!

Bismuth (IPA: [ˈbɪzməθ]) is a chemical element that has the symbol Bi and atomic number 83. This heavy, brittle, white crystalline trivalent poor metal has a pink tinge and chemically resembles arsenic and antimony.

I found this makeup and have been using it for 2 years now! It's wonderful! Plus they offer free shipping!

http://simply-minerals.com/

i use it, it's amazing. it doesn't clog your pores like AT all.

i get really bad acne especcially at that lurvly time of the month, but since i started using this stuff it's not as bad.

also, if you have oily skin, make sure to wipe the sweat off your face RIGHT after working out. it'll be more effective than switching make up brands. olay makes really nice wet clothes. and blot your skin, you can buy blotting paper but cut up tissue paper works well too.

I use it and I LOVE IT! It is the most amazing make-up ever...but don't get all pretty for the gym..its the gym! Who cares what you look like, but if you must wear make-up, then don't worry about it clogging your pores...it is amazing stuff and I haven't broken out once since I started using it about 2 years ago.