Visiting Durham North Carolina this weekend for the 1st time and looking for a good sports bar in campus.?

We are looking for a good place to watch college football on Saturday. We are all 27 years old, so campus bars would be ok.

Also, what is the main campus drag in Durham?

Thanks!

Favorite Answer

The main "campus drag" in Durham (for Duke University that is) is Ninth Street. Specifically, the stretch between W. Main Street and Hillsborough Road. Adjacent streets like Broad Street also have some stuff on it.

On Ninth Street you'll find a bunch of restaurants, cafe's, stores, bars/taverns, etc. It's certainly the main area that Duke Students hang out.

However other big sports bars exist throughout the city. Some are in the Brightleaf Square area on the west side of downtown (corner of Main and Gregson Streets). Others are also in the renovated American Tobacco Historic District (old factories turned into offices, shops and dining). That's on the south end of downtown (Blackwell at Willard Streets).

Source(s): NC native....lived in the Raleigh/Durham area for a dozen years now.

I don't have an exact answer to your question, because I don't know the area very well. However, I'm 27 and visited Raleigh/Durham last summer with my brother and father. We had a great time! Don't just limit yourself to the campus area. There is lot's of historical things to see, and an Imax theatre. All within walking distance to each other. I will say the people are great and your going to have a great time. Of course for dinner I highly recommend the Ruths Chris steakhouse in Cary. You can make a reservation here http://ruthschris.com/reservations/

Source(s): Personal experience