bw2893 asked in SportsBasketball · 1 decade ago

I need PF, but does this trade work?

Paul Pierce and James Posey for Jermaine O'Neal and Darko Militic?

• Muffin
    Favorite Answer

If you really need a PF than I say go ahead although overall Pierce will have a better fantasy year. Next time, you should put your entire roster so we could see who else you have.

Maybe you could trade a different player for a PF but I don't know what you have. David West, Bargnani, Al Harrington, and David Lee are pretty good PF's that you could get for less than trading away Pierce.

Pierce is primed for a big year, unless you can get Chris Bosh, Al Jefferson or Dwight Howard in a deal I would hold off until the season starts and Pierce has a couple of big games before trading him. You can definitely get better than an injury prone J. Oneal who is already hurt and may not be healthy to start the season and Darko who's had a crummy pre-season and looks to have lost the starting job to S. Swift! You can probably acquire Chandler, L. Aldridge, Okafor, Randolph or West for much less than Pierce. Besides someone will always come out of the blue once the season starts like Biedrins last year, Maybe Al Horford, Jason Maxiell, Tyrus Thomas or Luis Scola this year.

Get Paul Pierce. If you're on the other end, don't do it.

Jermaine O'Neal is a violent, injury prone player, and Darko has proved nothing in the NBA, but this year is his apparent breakthrough season.

Keep Pierce. You can't ask for more from KG and Ray Allen on the same team, its a big statline every game. Plus, there are the role players like Rondo, Gomes, etc.

P^2 will be a consistent fantasy contributor all season long and he's a real cat filler. o'neal will more likely miss a 1/4 of the season since he's always gets injured every year. i'd rather drop posey for someone like paul milsap or foyle (who's slated to start, actually).

The only advantage to this is Darko is still pretty young, but I would say no Keep Pierce for a while

If you have enough depth behind Pierce and Posey, go for it! You should be getting alot more rebs and blks in return. and Points should balance out too. You'lll just lose on 3pts and assists. But since u're in need of bigs.... good trade. Just keep in mind neither bigs here are too reliable (health wise)

• Thomas

i would rather have Paul Pierce on my team. He will get hurt less than the other two players (O'Neil & Militic).

sounds good, if you can pull it off. having J.O. and Darko should sky-rocket your blocks cat, but losing pierce can hurt.

how about dropping posey for stromile swift, k-mart or scola?

i think it wold work but i wouldnt want to get rid of peirce but bc ur getin oneal its not so bad and since posey left my heat his rep has gone way down!

Hell no