Caught my son smoking weed. Help?

I caught my son (senior in high school) smoking weed. It was late last night - I told him to go to bed because he has school - and we will talk about it after school. What should I say/do? Option 1) Ground him - but I'm pretty sure he'll rebel and do it again later. I really don't like this... show more I caught my son (senior in high school) smoking weed. It was late last night - I told him to go to bed because he has school - and we will talk about it after school.

What should I say/do?

Option 1)
Ground him - but I'm pretty sure he'll rebel and do it again later. I really don't like this option - because I remember when I was a kid - I'd do it 10 time as much to get back at my parents.

Option 2)
Control as much of the situation as I can (Ie: no driving, etc). He gets good grades and has a parttime job - so he is not a failure and not lazy. So I'm thinking that 1) I do not let him drive except to work and school and 2) Tell him he can do what he wants UNLESS his grades drop.

I smoked a little when I was young - and still went to college and got a degree and a good job. Thankfully stopped smoking - as I expect he will too. Being high just made me paranoid, self conscious, hungry and horny - still don't understand the lure - it's not a good state to be in!