Hallowe'en.....?

Do Christians really not like Hallowe'en? My mum used to work in a creche, and the kids were drawing Hallowe'en stuff, like pumpkins etc. At the end, one of the kid's dads said that he didn't want his daughter to do anything related to Hallowe'en because it was 'pagan' and against Christianity.

Also, I went trick-or-treating when I was little and we knocked on the door of this house. An old woman opened the door and shouted at us because she said that we were devil-worshippers! I was only about seven!

I just think that some people are a bit extreme....

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I don't remember any scripture forbidding trick or treating in the bible.....

I'm a Christian and since there's absolutely NO worshipping of anything goin on when I'm out and about at Halloween events, I don't see a problem......maybe we should rename it National Dress Up Like A Lunatic Day...then people couldn't complain.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Oh right, Hallowe'en is pagan, and Easter (a human-god resurrection celebrated on the first Sunday after the first full moon after the spring equinox) has NO pagan over tones.

• 1 decade ago

Or how about their Messiah having the same birthday as Mitra, and being born of a virgin in a cave just like him? Nothing Pagan about that. LOL

• Rai A
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

As with everything - it's a vocal minority that makes the biggest fuss & misrepresenting the wishes of the mainstream who think there's nothing wrong with the festival.

Just Bigots spoiling things for all.

Source(s): Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Some do and some don't the extreme ones that are against it are the charismatic Pentecostals.

BB

• 1 decade ago

Christians are terrified to the Devil and anything associated with it scares the crap out of them.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Gullible fools who don't have the tact to check these things out for themselves.

• 1 decade ago

me too.

Especially those pagans and heathen that actually think Halloween is a Holy day.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.