What is the best John Candy movie ever made?

Well we know its not Wagons East! but in your opinion what was the best John Candy movie and why?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I actually have two favorites:

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

Besides just being his usual comedic, sometimes corny self, Candy also had moments that invoked sympathy and compassion. Plus Steve Martin actually played more of the straight role in this one, which showed his versatility of which we all know much better now.

Only the Lonely

Here he plays the romantic lead which was a different role for him, and I thought it worked well. The story and situations were funny instead of him, necessarily. Acting alongside the great Maureen O'Hara and the peculiar Ally Sheedy made a great combo.

Plus both these films are based in and around that great town of CHICAGO!!!

What a loss when we lost him.

• 1 decade ago

Groundhog Day was Bill Murray.

Uncle Buck or Great Outdoors is Candy's best. But never forget Cool Runnings.

• 1 decade ago

My favorite was Uncle Buck. If you like John Candy, he was the main character in the film. Touching, humorous, well acted (especially from a young McCully Culkin), what's not to like?

• 1 decade ago

Either Uncle Buck or The Great Outdoors.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

unless i'm wrong John Candy wasnt in Groundhogs Day..

i think he was dead by then anyway.

• 1 decade ago

Summer Rental had some slapstick and some hilarity, good for all age groups. I saw it as a kid and I still think it's funny.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Uncle Buck always made me laugh

• 1 decade ago

Planes, Trains, & Automobiles! Without a dobut one of the funniest movies ever!

"Where are your hands"?

"Between two pillows".

"Those are'nt pillows"!

Too F'n funny!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Everybody in the room votes 'Groundhog Day'.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.